Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you properly smoke a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by crisk21, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Sorry for all the threads today but I'm just throwing out all the questions I have.

I've never been told how to smoke so I just do it how I think it's done. I hold my finger over the carb and light while inhaling with my finger still on the carb. I take the lighter off while still inhaling. Then I take my finger off of the carb and breathe in without taking a breath.

Am I doing it right? :(

2. No sir, please refer to the encyclopedia of smoking marijuana for future questions of personal techniques.

3. Someone will write like 8 paragraphs on how to hit a bowl just watch. You have all the essentials down. Now you just practice and see what your personal preferences are. Try taking different sized hits, packing your bowl with various densities, fill more or less of your lungs before you release that carb. No matter what though if you are doing what you are saying in your post you will get high.

4. Sounds like your doing fine, just be sure to INHALE

5. 1) make sure it's a water pipe.
    2) pack your bowl, not too hard but enough to gently compress.
    3) finger over the carb
    4) lighter ready
    5) corner the bowl: don't torch the center for no reason, hit the edges - tastes better - multiple smoker etiquette
    6) only get it lit, let the inhale do the rest. On greens, the first hit may need a second longer.
    7) wait to feel warmth, then carb it and keep sucking to clear it.
    8) hold for 4-5 seconds

6. Is smoking a bowl that complicated :confused: Pipes are pretty simple devices...

7. no but its not that complicated to help out a new stoner either:smoke:

8. Obviously it doesn't matter what kind of pipe it is.

It sounds like you're doing it right...

9. no offense but what the hell

10. Your method is fine. The only thing I do differently is that I keep it lit at the end, and just bring my finger on/off the carb a few times.

No need for this though, I just do it for a bigger hit. I don't know if I would call it the "right" way.

11. Is it ok if I take a breath before I take my finger off of the carb or will the smoke escape somehow?

12. If you have enough lung capacity left, sure. But most people probably don't, because we try to take relatively big hits.

I know one kid that exhales before clearing the piece though. So like, he would keep his finger on the carb until he exhaled the initial hit, and then he would get like an extra mini-hit.

Hope that answers your question.

13. Step 1: Put marijuana in bowl
    Step 2: Put mouth to mouthpeice, flick your Bic
    Step 3: Inhale
    Step 4:???
    Step 5: Profit

14. Oh, it matters. The only worthy dry pipe is the Incredibowl. ;)

15. Just keep practicing. You'll figure it out in time.

16. it sounds like you're doing everything right. just work on your ~cornering skills~ and whatnot. just hold the flame of the lighter on the edges of the bowl when you take a hit. after you inhale the smoke, you should also push on the burnt spot with a lighter/your finger to put it out so you don't burn excess weed.

17. Yeah bro, simple as that. Finger over carb, light the side of the bud (dont torch it) and inhale.. let go over the carb a few times and put ur finger back on while inhaling, and blow out. Don't over complicate it lol, simple and effective.