Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do you properly clean out a pipe?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by caramel apple, Oct 15, 2007.

1. I've heard you boil it in a pot and then you can get the resin and smoke it. I have no clue

2. i always clean pipes out with no intent of rescuing the resin or any thc material. i usually start with a hot water soak, then i follow that with a rinse and shake of the pipe with water flowing in and around it.

for a boil job i have heard you can mix water and alochol, then boil with the pipe in the water (be careful the boiling may bounce your pipe around, and possibly cracking it)
    after you boil your pipe out let the remaining water evaporate (or steam) off the pot and you will be left with alochol and thc/resin, then allow this to dry in a large pan or plate, after it has evaporated you will be left with your resin you so greatly desire.

3. take your pipe and sprinkle some salt inside

put pipe in plastic bag with rubbing alcohol and more salt, close bag

shake the bag (30 sec. - 1 min.), making sure to get some alcohol into the pipe

take pipe out of bag and rinse off thoroughly

this works like a charm every time, especially on the bong. salt is not soluble in alcohol (meaning it won't dissolve) so it acts as a scrubber in the alcohol, which does all he actual cleaning.

4. I bought some Formula 420 when I was at the beach and it works wonderfully. It has crystals in it that catch onto the resin in your piece. I usually use it to clean my bong. But if you can't get any of it I'd go with the alcohol method.

5. 1. Rinse it with water on full in the sink
    2. Buy some pipe cleaners (like a dollar for 50 at walmart/hobbystore) and get as much resin out as you can with those. I like to cutoff the ends of the pipe cleaners every few pokes, so theres clean bristles on the end to use.
    3. Run under water, so the big chunks come out
    4. pour some salt in the pipe, and alcohol, plug the holes with your fingers and shake for a few seconds. Pour out and rinse.

Might have to repeat steps 3-4 but the glass will look like new.

6. I usually boil some water, then put it in a cup w/ rubbin alcohol. then let my bowl sit in there for like 5-10 minutes. then scape all around the inside with pipe cleaners.