Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you pack your bowl? Please help!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ScoobyDoDoobie, Nov 19, 2009.

1. :hello:Yo guys I made my first bong with a 2Litre coke bottle etc etc.
    I smoke what you would call mids, with a moderate seed and stem count.

For this reason i end up mauling my weed until it has the consistency of tobacco if taken out a cigarette. So have a little screen in my bowl made from coiling very thin wire so nothing falls through. And after every lung-full of a hit the contents of my bowl is incinerated and I need to change it as well as wipe the screen, which is becoming a real bitch of a chore.

Is packing a bowl this way common practice??? It sure makes sense breaking down the bud, therefore increasing surface area for exposure to the flame which optimizes your hit?

All the guides Ive found so far about hitting a bong just say "pack the bowl and light it"

Do I really need to maul it so fine? If I had some high end herb, I like the idea of just breaking a little piece off a bud and putting it in the bowl and getting multiple hits off the same piece, but wouldn't that just be wasting all the good stuff on the inside of the piece? The inside that the flame cant get too?

Or am I restricted to doing it the current way because just simply putting a piece of schwag-mids into a bowl and lighting it would most probably result in toasting some seeds?

Any feedback grrreatly appreciated :wave:

2. been smoking a while make sure if its mids or low end mids you take every single seed and stem out and break it down as much as you can with out turning it to a powder. The bong will burn more smooth and even and will taste better be less harsh and since theres no stems no headaches

3. stems and seeds are a no no. Grab your mids, separate seeds and stems and grind up to a fine near powder, this not only prevents a bad pull on a hit but also gives a smooth,even burn when toking

4. After you take the bud off the stem, remove seeds [without taking the bud apart] and then just put the bud in the bowl head.

5. #5 imsotyerred, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    hope this helps a little...O yeah, don't mash the buds down too much, it makes for smaller, more laborious hits that are less satisfying IMO

6. yeah if i get stemmy or seedy weed, i always break it down real good and pick out all refuse. as far as packing a bowl mgoes, heres how i pack a bowl in all my pieces: take a pinch of green. roll it into a rough ball and cover the hole in the bowl with it. then proceed to pack more weed in over this ball, but not too tightly. the ball prevents u from inhaling weed, and also slows the time it takes to cash a bowl. it has always worked for me, and my bowls can go as much as 6 rotations on a circle of four stoners, so give it a try, hope it works for ya!

7. I guess theres no "right" way to do it...but like imsotyerred said...dont just drop the nug in there. If i dont have a grinder on hand, i pick off the stem and then remove the seeds without tearing the shit apart to pieces. Keeps the nugs whole and manageable. I then pick off little pieces into the bowl. I dont pack deep bowls this way because you wont get even burns and shit can taste "burnt." But it works well if in a car or something.

8. Break up weed, remove stems, place in bowl.

9. is this a serious question? put weed in bowl. done, its 1 step

10. Wow thanks for all the responses guys :D
    Nice to see people passionate about the mary jane :hello:

Question tho: Can anyone tell me where I can find the best like pro-marijuana videos or footage of any kind? Wanna start rehearsing my speech for when I decide to grow my own plants due to the schwag I have to contend with getting from the 3 dealers I know :cry: and my parents find out... GULP....

Hey Im high off this shit schwag right now! ...how sad is that

11. The union. Google it. Also, somewhere on this forum (don't remember where) there is a thread of MJ videos.