Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you not panic?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Tseten, Nov 22, 2013.

1. U guys know how sometimes you get scare when your high and you think the police are out to getu or whateva, i wanted to know if u guys have any tips/tricks to not get scared. Sometimes ive had some very vivid horricfic times when im scared out of my fucking mind. Thats all fokes

2. Don't let yourself think about things like that, just let yourself go with the flow.

3. Sometimes when I have my house to myself and im toking I can recall a few times where I was pretty scared I thought someone was in every room I walked by but I just thought to myself would I be acting this way normally? No so I just ignore it and walk past the rooms the feeling sometimes still stays though even though I'm just walking by normally not even caring. Not sure why it triggers that paranoia :p

4. Not sure, for me that sort of feeling just stopped when I started smoking daily.

5. Ahaha for real? I wud pull my gat out and go crazy. I get paranoid but that's because I have to.

6. #6 Rootsphere_Farms, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2013
    Yeah haha. I can recall one other time I was laying in my bed with music on in complete darkness and some wind outside blew a twig into my window but I would sware someone was right outside it trying to break in lmao.. That time my heart actually tripled its speed instantly and I was pretty scared god damned paranoia lol

7. .... Smoke somewhere a police officer couldn't catch you

8. i used to deal with the same problem and i have a very good way of resolving this.
    but before we talka bout thatl, here are some tips:
    1)smoke light, you are not like everyone else, you have to go easy, thats just you and thats ok, if you friends are good folks they wont mind you smoking slowly or less
    2) smoke in safe places, a friends room, your car in the woods with some pals (thinking about friends who live alone, in highschool time when the parents are home it can be pretty stressfull)
    3) smoke with good people, that makes you feel calm and secured.

now here is what is use to do:
    -10 minutes before smoking, you sit by yourself eyes closed and breathing naturaly (if you have company, tell them you gotta hit the can before you toke) sit down, and relax, imagine getting high, imagine what it would feel like
    -think about the worst case, cops burst in, everyone is in jail, they shoot your best pal in the face, let yourself drown in fear, if you wont accept it it wont go away.
    -after you are done thinking about the worst case, do the opposite, try and imagine the best way this sit down can go, everyone is having fun, telling jokes, its all good.
    -to finish your meditation just clear your head and realize that its probebly going to be alright if you followed the first section of the post.
    -have fun :)

9. Honestly, the best way not to panic is to just simply let it be. Just focus on the present moment and then all fears seem to dissipate. It may take some practice but it works with many situations!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. You just have to be chill incarnate. Free your mind, don't worry about anything and live in the moment.

11. When i was younger i use to get to high from trying to be cool and smoke to much and i would "white face" (if its happend to you then you know what i mean) and you feel like your gonna have a heart attack and puke. well my health teacher at the time in HS was awesome and told me that if that happens to go and try to take a shit. That happens when your blood pressure dips due to anxiety. its the same thing with panic attacks. When your trying to push out a dump all your muscles contract and it gets your blood pressure to go up a little. I've done it numerous times since and i will tell you it works. also it gives you a nice safe haven to be away from everything and be by yourself for a few to ride it out.

12. Just go with the flow, my freshman year in high school whenever we found somewhere to smoke id always be sketch.

13. Don't be a nervous fuck. I hate nervous fucks.

14. I don't smoke in public any more due to paranoia haha.  Although I recently had an allergic reaction and didn't know what caused it, all I knew is it had been almost a year since I started smoking again and very well could have developed an allergy to mj.  To find out, I smoked some more weed but a different strain than what I had been currently smoking, and the idea's coming to my mind of going into anaphylactic shock, swelling, breaking out in hives, going to the hospital or dying gave me incredible anxiety.  I could feel my face get really hot and tingly,  I jumped in a freezing cold shower, kept looking at myself in the mirror for swelling, what I eventually did was just sit in my chair and watch tv with my brother till the high wore off,  the more I was able to laugh the better I felt.  You just have to take your mind off of the situation, keep in mind that this is a normal effect of pot (causing your brain to be a royal douche bag) and odds are the people around you either 1. don't notice you're high despite what you think or 2. don't care.  But if you're with friends just keep a conversation going, don't over think it and you can feel the panic just roll off you. 

15. #15 Tseten, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    Lol, thats funny, ive never been "white faced", no homo(just playing). If i ever do tho.. i will defiantly remember i need to shit.

16. Dude, you dont even know me bro. I was just talking about a couple times i remember being scared, not like i do it all the time. Everyone has panicked when their high sometime.

17. damn, sounds like a plan

18. Ride the wave, don't fight it.  Just keep remembering that its all in your head and you'll calm down after a while.  Then you can look back and laugh about how high you were and enjoy the rest of the high.

19. I've noticed some people have this problem, and I absolutely do not understand it. My brother freaks out as well, so I've some experience- and we recently found out that he has a heart problem (it's not beating normally). Which I believe may have something to do with it, since he always would say if he flipped out that his heart is beating way faster because that's what happens when you smoke but now I know there's more too it. Of course after the 3rd time of him flipping I was smart enough to give him a little, and milk the bong for him so to guarantee he wouldn't flip but next time you're at a doctor's ask him to listen to your heart.
    I've never understood how people flip themselves out on bud, I've never even come close. I guess people think that since it's a "drug" and they hear all of this nonsense about paranoia and such that they let their minds control them and in turn it actually happens. I've smoked 3g's in one sitting of 30% THC bud and felt nothing but happiness and I only smoke maybe 1g a month so my tolerance isn't that high. It all depends on the smoker's state of mind.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app