Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do you not cough (get used to the smoke)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sweethatred, Jul 20, 2009.

1. If you cough so bad that it ruins smoking, try vaping :)

2. Don't inhale so much.

3. I just start inhaling as much as I can, as that lets the lungs have their precious oxygen :p

4. vaporizer. it's the high of combustion minus teeth-clenching, spasms, headaches, and a reduced cotton-mouth.

5. Drink a glass of milk before you smoke. It'll coat your throat and make the smoke easier to take. :D

6. i really tend to believe that when you cough with the smoke still in, you create pressure inside your lungs, forcing the thc into your bloodstream.
    and the blood rush too, this 2 thangs work together.

cough!!!

7. Cool smoke helps with coughing(I put ice in my bong). Also take smaller hits, or less condensed hits. Breathing a little bit of air before AND after a hit helps as well. Other than that it just takes time.

8. People say you get higher when you cough but think about it:
    Small hit - no cough
    Big hit - cough - higher
    I figured it out

9. You don't ever "get used" to smoke. The only thing that would maybe cause that is thousands of years of heavy smoke inhalation.

10. Some people naturally adapt to certain conditions, I barely cough from bong hits, so ... It's all about the person. :p

11. #51 senorsmokey, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
    Dude you are fucking retarded.

You bumped a three month old topic to flame? SMH. Oh and not allowed - WW

12. [quote name='"pearl75"']

This This This ^^^^^

Coughing does not increase your high. I'll go one step further, and tell you that coughing too much while smoking can cause terrible throat problems like esophagitis, and even cancer. The tissues that support the heart, lungs and throat, although tough in their own way, are much weaker than other "support tissues" in the body. (Believe it or not, I've learned more about bodily tissues since becoming sick than I did when I was studying nursing.)

Like Tripace pointed out, if your herb is causing you to cough, and sputter, and hack, it is most often due to the fact that the weed you're smoking is A) utter crap, or B) the one who grew it didn't take the time to dry it and cure it properly, in turn, making good weed crappy.

Either way, my advice to any smoker would be to try to control your coughing. If you can keep yourself from coughing, it is better for you. I keep a cold drink at my side whenever I smoke, and I take a drink immediately after each inhale to cool and soothe my throat. I cannot enjoy my smoke if I'm hacking up a lung after every hit, and I'll never understand those who want to cough. :confused:[/quote]

Ya i agree with what you guys are both saying but if you milk up more than your max capacity and try to inhale it all then you will cough everytime. Also when you cough, sometimes your lungs are trying to remove foreign particles that your body is unfamiliar with.

13. I dont cough as much after getting a bong.. Its probably just the bigger hits my lungs got used to it :smoke:

14. If the smoke hits the back of your throat, you cough. Pull it in faster and follow it with a breath of fresh air, and it should help at least a little. Water pipes (bongs, bubblers, hookahs) are the easiest way though, because cooled down smoke is wayyy less harsh

15. Coughing doesn't make you higher, period. I cough all the time now, and when I was new to smoking I never coughed. I have bronchitis now and I can say I don't get nearly as high as I used to.

16. for bong hits at least, it helps to exhale through your nose after you fill the bong with smoke, but before you clear it. (make sure you blow your nose before attempting this one kids)
    another thing that helped me was inhaling a little extra fresh air on top of the smoke to push it further into my lungs, then hold it there until the about-to-cough feeling goes away, slowly exhale, if that about-to-cough feeling comes back during your exhale, inhale a little fresh air, push that smoke back into your lungs, wait a second, and then try exhaling again. hope that made sense, i'm having alot of trouble trying to describe it.

17. a little known secret is to hum when you have the urge to cough.

18. If you don't cough you don't get off.

:ey::ey::ey::ey::ey::ey:

19. You smoke alot

20. Ride those coughs out ladies and gents. Take big snaps and fight the cough back. I just hold my snaps down until that tickly feeling has passed. If you really gotta cough, make sure your lungs are clear to prevent serial-coughing. Nobody likes coughing with a lung full of milky smoke, it feels like someone has run through you with a pike.