How do you micro grow?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by fernyp, Oct 28, 2011.

1. I'm thinking about starting a micro grow but I dont know how or where to start. Is there a thread with a guide? Or could someone help me out? I live with my parents in Canada and winter is coming so outside isn't an option and I can not get caught, but I don't mind taking a risk.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Just get creative im in the same position i live with my parents and not getting caught is a biggie just got done building mine it a small night dresser i put 2 pc fans and 42w cfl its crazy the places you can grow

3. Thanks! But what exactly is a micro grow? How big do the plants grow and how long does it take?

4. A micro grow is when you grow a plant in a small area to if your area is really small some people will grow 12/12 from seed(budding stage) they get small yeilds or you can use lst is when you bend the plant down to make it grow new tops and you just keep lsting it to keep it small thats where you can get alot of your plant micro grows usually use cfl or floresent bulbs(the twirly ones) your going to want to get 23w bulbs or higher

5. [quote name='"frenchfries"']A micro grow is when you grow a plant in a small area to if your area is really small some people will grow 12/12 from seed(budding stage) they get small yeilds or you can use lst is when you bend the plant down to make it grow new tops and you just keep lsting it to keep it small thats where you can get alot of your plant micro grows usually use cfl or floresent bulbs(the twirly ones) your going to want to get 23w bulbs or higher[/quote]

Thanks but what are reasonable dimensions to start off in? Like a pc box? I have one that is 16inches long and 12 wide

6. It depends on your situation. If you are say living at your parents house and there is absolutely no way you can caught a pc is suitable, but obviously doesnt provide much space. If you dont need to be so stealth look around your house for a cabinet thats rarely used. Im using a 35gallon rubbermaid tote container, they are very easy to set up and provide a good amount of room. I would say anything more 16" tall and wide enough to fit the pot you plan on using should work ok.

7. Okay. Do you lst?

8. you can if you want to it will increase your yield alot if you do it right all you do is take the plant and bend it down with a paperclip,metal,string,etc. what that does is trick the plant into making another top then after you have another top you do it again and again ive seen plants that are only as tall as a lighter but have 15 tops on them

9. [quote name='"frenchfries"']you can if you want to it will increase your yield alot if you do it right all you do is take the plant and bend it down with a paperclip,metal,string,etc. what that does is trick the plant into making another top then after you have another top you do it again and again ive seen plants that are only as tall as a lighter but have 15 tops on them[/quote]

Thanks a lot frenchfries! You're a big help.
    Now how long would it approximately take from sprout to harvest if I start right off at 12/12?
    And for lights. I know what kind to get. But how do you power them inside a pc box?

10. I believe micro grow refers to growing in a confined space. So anything from a dresser, mini fridge, grow box, PC case, closet, rubbermaids are all considered 'micro'

11. im not totally sure on how long im actually starting my own grow and thinking of doing 12/12 from seed and for lights you can buy lamp sockets ($6 at walmart) there a little harder to install or socket to outlet adapters(98 cents) they are very easy you can take a power stick and put it on the side of the pc wall at the top then just plug the lights in on my grow i have a small night dresser and i have a power stick hanging from the top by zip-ties so i can adjust the height of them then i have the chord run out the back start looking at other peoples set up you just have to get creative

12. can you micro grow premium seeds like afghan kush and papaya kush feminized varieties?

13. you can micro grow any seed im growing some bagseed of some random dank

14. Thanks again. Are you going to start a grow journal? I'd sub and follow along for sure

15. So when are you going to build your box do you have any ideas on what your going to use

16. Me?

I'm sorry, I can't remember if this was directed towards me or not?

:eek:

17. nah im talking about the guy that started the tread