How do you make your plants bushier?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Newport1, Nov 24, 2008.

1. I have a 400w hps and use soil to grow...and i wonder why my plants are taller/ less bushy than most of the pics i see....why is this?

2. lot of people top or LST thier plants to keep shorter

3. could be the strain you're growing or maybe your setup??

what's the deal with your grow - we need a bit more info to really be able to help ;)

4. First it could be a sativa which grows tall and lengthy. A indica will be short a bushy.
    You could top your plant where ever possible and it will fork off. how far is your light from the plant that could be another thing. you want the light as close ad possible with out burning the plant. if the light is far away it will stretch to the light making the plant less bushy and taller.

5. not only that...the bulb makes the difference....Mh creates short bushy plants.....HPS makes tall less busy plants.....:D

6. ok, but isnt HPS the best lighting? It isnt bad if they are taller/more spread as long as their healthy right?

7. Could be...just some seeds from some local midgrade...

"Top your plant"? How do you do this, and is it necessary or will it increase yeild?

The light has been about 20 inches away (plants also enclosed in mylar) but i moved it closer

8. Ummm, what more info you need?

9. any more input?

thanks peeps

10. definitely LST yeah yeah definitely LST read up on that for a minute DO NOT top your plants until you have a good grasp of LST

11. um... maybe you're light is too far away..
    it def could be the strain.
    maybe they just aren't happy...
    show us some pics of your room.

12. yeah you should check out both of the techniques before doing one of them...never know what one will suit your grow style more.

And as far for the light HPS is normally considered better for flowering and MH for veg'n...but thats not to say you cant grow thru the whole thing with one...but it wouldnt be ideal.

13. top and LST and youll be fine

14. whats LST mean?

15. LST= low stress training

16. Low Stress Training is a technique where you bend the stems of the plants and make it produce more tops so you can increase your yields.