Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you make stem tea?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bc_bud90, Sep 3, 2008.

1. does anyone know how to make it and how much stem?

2. If you are looking to get high, stem tea doesn't make it! THC is not water soluble. There are water soluble compounds in pot, some of which can ease pain, but they don't get you high. I drink stem tea because I happen to like the flavor.

I am assuming you are a kid who got hold of a mess of stems (I'm in my 60s, most of you are kids to me- lol). You can make stem tea if you want, but here is what I would do- Make brownies! I'll walk you through it....

1) To make sure the stems are DRY- preheat the oven to warm/250. Turn off the oven. Put the stems on a cookie sheet and leave them in the warm oven until cool. (Don't keep peeking!) This dries them and also changes any THCA (can't get you high) into THC. This is SMELLY- good thing to do is fry up some sausage and onions!- If it would be too much of a bust, you can skip the oven part without too much loss of potency.

2) Get out the blender, the big wire mesh kitchen strainer and some bowls. Biggest bowl has stems that need to be broken into small sticks. Once the stems are fairly small, into the blender with them. Start blending. What you want is green powder and 1/4 to 1/2 inch long splinters. Take the strainer and sift out the white splinters. All you want is the green powder.

3) When you have sifted out the splinters, re-sift the powder to get the last ones out. Now get the littlest sauce pan you have. Put the green powder in it. Add enough oil to make a "gravy". Now add a spoonful of cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, ginger, etc- to help cover any odor. Turn on the heat and stir with your finger (temperature control- too hot is bad for the THC). When it is too hot for your finger, remove your finger and turn off the heat. Let sit until cool.

4) Use the cannabis/oil mix in the place of the oil, butter or shortening in your recipe. Some folks strain out the cannabis and use just the oil. I'm greedy- I want every last molecule of THC! I just dump it all into the brownie mix. You may want to adjust the oil in the recipe if you just "dump". One cup of oil + cannabis is really only actually about 7/8 cup of oil. Usually it doesn't make a lot of difference in a recipe.

5) From here out, it's pretty much follow the recipe on the box. And allow 3 hours before you decide that "it isn't working" and eat that second brownie. I made that mistake once. :eek: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Granny :wave:

3. I'm gonna be honest you're the coolest grandma ever. and you know your stuff.

4. word. you dropped some knowledge on this thread, i never knew this.

but i also heard if you boil water and milk, (the milk so there is fat) then throw the stems in a emptied out tea bag and leave in the water / milk for like 10 mins and drink it works...also works if you actually use weed instead of stems.

5. haha granny knows her stuff, nice brownie recipe too! +rep