Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you make real stem tea???

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BlazingZombiess, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Ive been very curious, my friends attempted to make it before, but im preety surr it wa the wrong recipe.

2. Put your stems in liquor instead. pref high proof. But Captian Morgan had a good taste and worked well on NYE.

3. [quote name='"rapidcharger"']Put your stems in liquor instead. pref high proof. But Captian Morgan had a good taste and worked well on NYE.[/quote]

^^ but didnt u get drunk from drinking it??

4. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

^^ but didnt u get drunk from drinking it??[/quote]

Do you get drunk from a shot or two? Its not like youre drinking the whole bottle.

5. Make a Green dragon tincture (heated method) then add it to the tea since alcohol is water soluble, THC is not and adding stems to tea will do nothing.

6. [quote name='"Money May Kerr"']Make a Green dragon tincture (heated method) then add it to the tea since alcohol is water soluble, THC is not and adding stems to tea will do nothing.[/quote]

^^ thnks for the advice, thats most def gunna work

7. #8 Money May Kerr, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
    no doubt send me a pm if you need help making the green dragon, made it bunch of times haha

that weed tea recipe will not work...the solubility of THC is extremely low in water, plus the water would not even get up the the right temperature for decarboxlyation and extraction of the THC from the plant material.

8. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

^^ but didnt u get drunk from drinking it??[/quote]

Yea I did but I took several shots

9. [quote name='"Money May Kerr"']no doubt send me a pm if you need help making the green dragon, made it bunch of times haha

that weed tea recipe will not work...the solubility of THC is extremely low in water, plus the water would not even get up the the right temperature for decarboxlyation and extraction of the THC from the plant material.[/quote]

Thats right.
    But if you were to add milk or butter to the water. I heard thc will stick. Never tried it. But it makes sence.

10. Fry stems in pan with butter. Add butter to milk. Add sugar. Drink.

11. #12 FilthyDubz, May 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2012
    It's not terribly important but "soluble" means "dissolves in" so what we really mean is that "thc isn't water-soluble, but it is alcohol-soluble".

In truth thc is ever so slightly water soluble. In the same way that a giant excavator and a moped are both motor vehicles. So (as the guys I quoted are saying) if we want to dissolve it we pick a far better, faster, and more efficient solvent. Ether is slightly water soluble too, yet in chemistry it is often mixed with water and used to wash/extract chemicals (because of other properties it has beyond the scope of this forum) because a small % of it dissolves in the water and the rest floats above it.

Because of fire risks I would advise against heating alcohol without knowing very damn well what you're doing first. Funny that I mentioned ether as it suffers from the same problem on a much more dangerous level. To be clear that stuff's got nothing to do with this discussion other than as an example of many things that are low- but not non-water-soluble. People probably make stem/leaf tea precisely because stems have so little THC there's a chance that all of it could dissolve in the given quantity of water