how do you make clones?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011.

1. I want to prep a clone station. What do I need? How much light? Ect

2. Did you not find the information you were looking for in the 100 plus already available cloning threads? Just Saying :D

3. #4 greenbudguy, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha I wanted to set up a hidden cloning spot. Was going to make it out of an old military trunk I have and line it with a white plastic that I can cut to fit to make it water proof and air tight and cut a couple small holes for an intake and exhaust and run a light or two in it but I havdent seen any designs for something like this and I wanted to see if anyone else has. I was thinking about maybe even making one to grow a small plant in. Like a 2 footer

4. Also, can I clone in soil or is hydro a better option? Most of what I find is hydro or aero but not much on soil cloning

5. I have cloned 3 in SuperSoil Potting soil 3 days ago. Check out the pic. When cloning in soil you will use the same procedure used in preping the clone that is used with Hydro or Aero. Styrofoam cups work well. Fill cup with potting soil mix and prepare a hole for clone placement. I prefer to spray the hole with water (hole only). Once you have dipped fresh cut in water, you will roll stem in the root stimulant. Place clone in soil, and lightly firm soil for plant posture then water soil to seat clone in place. Cut bottom off from 2 or 3 liter soda bottle (humidity chamber), spray clone and place humidity chamber on top for 3 or more days and there you go. I just want to give a shout out to God for allowing us to pretend.

Attached Files:

6. Hi again Greenbud
    Like everyone is saying there is alot of info on this out there but it takes alot of time to sort through it. The one thing I dont see stressed enough to new growers is soil composition. Everyone says #1 problems noobs have is over watering. If soil composition is correct you have to be trying to over water it. So first off I wouldnt throw soil in a cup and hope. Take soil out of bag let it dry out, Bring temp up to 70 deg keep soil damp not wet. I do this and have some available all the time in grow room it gives off Co2 as well .For clones mix 45%-50% perilite 50%-55% soil, for veg and flower 20%-30%perilite depending on pot size smaller pot smaller percentage.For the clones you could go 100% perilte and do all feeding your self. How this is done is useing a screen smaller than the perilite but large enough for roots to pass through. take a cup cut a V where the bottom of the V is 2" up the side of the cup this lets cup hold only 2" of water put screen over cup let it sag down into the cup fill with pre soaked perilite. There should be a space between bottom of stem and screen percision not required. There should be a space between screen and water no more than 2". There is no exact messurement because it is dictated by the space between the 2 nodes you will need to cover when planting. Some clones you may have to use only 1" of water in bottom of cup.
    When taking clones remeber to straight cut on plant angle cut a second time on clone scrap all around stem 1/4-3/8 up stem dip in root toner put in perilite and cover,water until water comes out hole 2 or 3x a day for 2 days then wait.You need to have all ready when you cut clone from plant so it can be coated with toner or soil Quickly less than 1 min.Have glass of clean water at hand to put clone in if any delays.
    As far as what specifications for lighting and ventelation what we all will tell you is "it depends" LOL Remeber when we are indoor growing we are creating a artificial ecosystem
    and everything is interdependent on everything else. So the more percise you are with what you have to work with the more accurate these guys can come up with solutions to your problem. Because IT DEPENDS

7. I would like to reccomend a so so Jedi adventure.
    Attack of the clones will be a great resource.

8. #9 greenbudguy, Apr 27, 2011
    Thank you! I think I'll start saving a few 2L soda bottles as I drink them. Do you prefer powder or gel stimulants? I have a powdered one but I'm going to check my hydro store today after work to see if they have anything new

9. Here is a great guide by a medical dispensary cultivator.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsA4vnFPCWA]YouTube - Clone Marijuana Cannabis Weed Pot Plants the Primo Way[/ame]
    Hope that helps! :wave:

10. #11 greenbudguy, Apr 27, 2011
    Just finished watching it. Thank you! That helped a lot to watch someone do all the steps. I'm very much a visual learner

11. #12 Angeletti, Apr 29, 2011
    I'm working with powder also. I would recommend gel. I just took another clone today, check him out!

Attached Files:

12. #13 greenbudguy, Apr 29, 2011
    I found these clone kit that has 6 little cups almost like jello or pudding packets but a clear jelly that you poke the stem through the foil and you can watch the roots develop. Any one use these before?