Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you make Canna - Oil ?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by booweed, May 31, 2009.

1. I was googling on how to make Canna - Oil , and there's a no heat method. I found this guide and I need help knowing if no heat methods work . Would this work?

Here's the guide :

1) Pour some ground-up pot into a old Mayo jar (or other screw-top container);
    2) Pour some Oil into the jar (half-a-Cup per Ounce of pot is fine);
    3) Close up the jar;
    4) Let it sit 24 hours or so (and shake it, once in a while);
    5) Open the jar;
    6) Pour the contents through a Funnel, with a piece of cheesecloth over it;
    7) Squeeze the cheescloth, to get "all of the Goodies";
    8) You got some CannaOil.

2. Ive never heard of this method.. Google cannabutter.

3. Can't do Canna-Butter cause I live in a home with other people

4. so do i and ive made it before. im not sure how to make the oil but i think you need heat for that too.

if you keep the flame on the low side when making the butter the smell isnt too bad. all i did was make mine at like 2 in the morning and burnt a couple of nag champas and opened a window.

5. Ive heard that this works with most oils, however I try to use fatty oils as thc is fat soluble. Ive even used bacon grease in a pinch.

One thing that I do know for sure is that if you want to get as much of the above mentioned "goodies" out of your stuff, you should use heat. The fat or other oils will absorb some of the thc without heat, but only the stuff on the bud in crystal form, not the ever wonderful thc from the bud flesh itself. Also, heat will also speed up the rate at which your body absorbs the drug because cannaboids are heat activated and otherwise need to be activated by body heat which can result in a duller high.

Hope I have been of some aid here.

6. i once made canna oil by laying down a couple grams of mids on a skillet and adding enough oil to cover the bud. Cook it for about 30 minutes on low.
    Strain it and add some pepper or spices
    dip some bread into your thc infused oil or make a grilled cheese with the oil (;
    you'll be high for HOURS !

7. idk. ive had brownies before and im pretty sure that a bud grilled cheese doesnt utilize as much thc, taste as good, or go as far. brownies are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

8. this won't work. Weed baked into food MUST be cooked or else you won't get high. This is because the THC (which is not actual THC but I don't remember the name) must be Decarboxylated into psychoactive THC via cooking the food