Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Do You Make A Screen?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Wolf Shady, Jul 6, 2014.

1. I'm wondering if there's any ways to make a screen for my pipe?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. nug plug, a small rock/pebble works, ive crumpled up a rolling paper, burned it in the bowl, then mash down a little and youve got a screen of sorts....sometimes faucets have metal screens in them, just burn them clean....

3. you could try to take the little screen out of a pair of earbuds but if they're used you should clean them unless you want to smoke earwax.

4. take a little stone and put it into your bowl, put your weed on top and smoke up. Wash the little stone before 

5. tbh i just use tinfoil poked with a needle. people hate on tinfoil but i think the fear is overblown myself, and im willing to chance it if not

6. That's what I usually do and I think tinfoil is only bad if you reuse the same tinfoil , if you replace it each time I don't think it hurts you

7. You know a glass screen or even a pack of metal screens at a headshop is less than $5. All of those other suggestions will work but they are more of a temporary quick fix.

8. tiny pebbles

packs of like 300 are sold at shops for only $2-$5 even online too

9. I would just use tinfoil as well honestly. Ive smoked out of an empty tp roll with a tinfoil bowl and it was just fine

10. I use to do the same thing but I like socket bowls more , I'd stick one in the side of a tp roll and put a Gatorade cap in the bottom to make a bong :)

11. After smoking through your bowl a bunch, the hole in the bottom gets smaller and smaller with the burnt plant matter around. Worst comes to worst, they sell glass screen's at most head shops. They sell brass/metal screens also that can be formed to the shape of your bowl. (I dont do this because i believe smoking off of a brass screen gives it a brass/metal taste, completely takes the joy out of using a glass piece). Also, you can always but a bigger piece of bud at the bottom and/or use a minuscule amount of tobacco or other smokable herb down at the very bottom. Stems also make good screens.

12. Terrible advice, do research before posting stupid shit like that

13. Yes. Go down to a LHS and buy a grinder with a kief screen. Then cut the screen out and use that.

14. Lol tp rolls are made out of paper and wont hold water lmao.

15. #15 looter, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2014
    Chore boy. <-- that may kill you? but its crackhead approved for sure.

Edit:
    http://www.cornerproject.org/services/safer-smoking/

recommends it as a safe screen alternative to steel wool. Not sure what that means as opposed to a high quality stainless steel screen.

16. I've got two methods I use to make screens.  The first is the best I think, but you can taste it more.  I take the stems and snap them at the nodes to make "Y's"  Put a couple in the bowl, they act like glass jacks that are one time use.  I don't mind the extra taste at the end, no big deal.  
    Second, I'll cut out a small circle from an aluminum can (yeah I know, I preach about metal fumes as too, I'm a hypocrite) Then take a thumb tack and poke some holes in it.  Then heat it to get all the coatings off and hopefully de-fume it a bit