Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you know when to quit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by madbutcher, Nov 21, 2008.

1. This probably sounds like a dumb question, but how do you know how much to smoke when you are first starting out? I've smoked three times now but I'm not sure if I was ever completely stoned, though I've been told I was and looking back I agree. I know it's impossible to OD on weed but one of my greatest fears is losing control, which was born out of panic attacks and my sleep paralysis (VERY trippy but dreadful experiences). I'm afraid of smoking so much that I will panic and suffer a complete nervous breakdown.

2. just smoke a bowl.....wait..... see how your feeling and if your good then smoke another :devious:

3. when you try to smoke an empty bowl out of the bubbler or you can barely hold the joint.

4. Listen to your body.

5. WUTZ A BOWL??

Joking.

6. Just smoke in sessions, and keep doing it till you feel like you can't smoke anymore. Don't be afraid to get high.

7. 2 Heads on a blunt= really ripped
    3 Heads on a blunt= stoned
    4 Heads on a blunt= high
    5 Heads on a blunt= buzz/high

but it all depends on your tolerance. Im usually good on a bowl or two (.4) all together. or 3 bowls if i wanna get ripped

8. Don't let anyone tell you you're high, cause if you have to question if your high, then your probly not actually blazed. You've only smoked 3 times, and for many people including myself it took more than 3 times to actaully get high, and trust me when it happens you'll know. Don't psych yourself out about the panic attacks, just smoke properly (inhale deep) and pace yourself waiting 15 minutes after a bowl to let it fully kick in so you don't over do it. When you get comfortably high, stop smoking.

9. Hmm, I'm flashing back to my third tiem smoking, which was a bad experience, so lets skip to 4th haha. Depending on the quality of weed it shouldn't take you much. The 4th time I smoked I took 4-5 hits from a blunt and I was ripped. Around my 7-8th me and my 3 friends would split a packed bowl and be slap happy. Start little and work your way up. Take a few hits, wait 15 mins or so, if you feel like you can take down some more do it.

10. When your like that starting out, always smoke with friends, and have a good time. You'll forget all about the panic attacks if you just laugh, talk and shit and have a great time!

11. #11 jake2000n, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
    man I was in the same thing as you a while ago..... I'm a new toker, and I think one night I smoked WAY too much... I am not sure if I had a major panic attack or what.. but I felt like I was going to die or have a heart attack.. it was pretty trippy too btw.:p Now, I just smoke a little bit... wait a while and see how i'm feeling, then if i'm good, I'll smoke a bit more, and so on... Just try to relax, as hard as it can be the first time, with those scary thoughts in your head.

12. Quit when you're out. :hello:....Then go buy more!

13. Booooo you stole my answer.

14. 1) Smoke, wait a bit, smoke more. Don't be afraid, but keep in mind it might get more intense over the next 10min.
    2) A bad trip can be mellowed out with a low dse of a sleeping pill or a high dose if you just need to be unconscious because it's such a bad trip...

I usually get as high as the people I'm with (smoking less than them, I have lower tolerance) and leave it at that... or until I can't stand is good.

15. when you run out of bud

16. well, that depends on the bud. i once got a couple grams of c99 and i had never seen good weed b4. so i snapped my bong 3 times, thinkin it may or may not be enough. HOLY SHIT i was blazed. i think anymore and i would have been sick, but i was at the perfect level of stupid. an example: i walked outside to go to my friends, forgot, walked around, came back in, and said 2 my dad, "dude, dont go outside." he was like, "uh why?" and i said, "cuz its wierd out there!"
    i was fucked.

my rule is, if it makes ur stomach hurt, than its too much.

17. I miss the old days lol. Nowadays I can rip my GonG till I run through an 1/8th or more. But I can also enjoy a bowl or two, and just chill. Sometimes its nice to be super blazed(like today, friiday!) or just chill and toke before work, and go in witha decent high/buzz that will last you for an hour or so.

18. When I first started smoking, I smoked with a lot of friends so I would just kind of smoke until they stopped. Usually... not for a while. Haha.

You can't overdose on weed, and maybe it's just a personal opinion, but I don't think "the more you smoke" you get THAT much higher. I see levels of stonedness as like 1, 2, and 3. Obviously there are lots of variations on the TYPES of highs, but for me, personally, I see it in three levels. If you're raised from a 1 to a 3, even, it's not like you're going to shit your pants or pass out or anything like that, unless you're terrified of being high.

Honestly, just smoke a bowl, or share 1 joint with a friend, or whatever. If you want to keep smoking, keep smoking. No harm.

19. The sudden, intense fear of death is a classic symptom of a panic attack. The first one I had turned a normal Saturday into the worst day of my life. I was in the movie theater and I suddenly felt like I was going to pass out. Then I was "sure" I was going to have a seizure. Then I was "sure" I was going to simply die and there was nothing anyone could do to stop it. I ended up in the ER (I know, I'm weak) and, despite the negative test results, I spent the next week anticipating my death. The lightheaded feeling I get when I'm going through a panic attack is pretty similar to when I smoke weed. Even my vision gets somewhat distorted when I'm having a panic attack, like when I'm high. It's like my eyes are perfectly normal but everything just kinda blurs together.

I appreciate the honest replies.

20. At the beginning, just take a few solids rips and let it sit for a bit. As you get more experience with it, you will start to feel you're high while smoking. For now, smoke away :smoking: