How do you know anything in the past really happened?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by Nipples, Nov 12, 2012.

1. I was completely lit last night, and I was thinking..

What if our entire life before this very moment is just a memory planted in our mind, and that we JUST got here right now? There's no way to prove it either

2. Your name is Nipples.

3. Well who doesn't enjoy nipples? You know I found my username a but funny but it got old quick when everyone pointed it out to me xD

4. look at an old dollar bill

if its before you then theres your proof..

5. Could be,you never know for sure....

6. I remember yesterday. I cleaned house yesterday and its clean today.

7. Some of us ask this question regularly...
    I have some fucked up epilepsy...
    Hallucinations of all5 scenes...
    As well as wicked memory loss...sometimes hrs...
    Sometimes days...or weeks missing...sometimes months...

I really don't know how much of the past i can remember...can be trusted...

Often i feel completely disconnected from time...
    I wonder at times if i bounce around in time...the way what memories i do have are so out of order..

Of coarse i don't "know" anything about it for sure..just some lost and lonely lunatic....

8. You really can't. This is kinda like Rene Descarte's evil demon example that can deceive you in every way. Our memory and perception can be an illusion. I guess the only thing you may confirm is that there is a past , unless the motion of time is also an illusion.

9. which it is.
    some call it quantum mechanics..
    others call it higher dimensions.

but ultimately, all that we experience is just an illusion generated by our brain.

10. Why do you call it an illusion?

Sensory perception.

11. Yeah I think about this all the time! Glad I'm not alone. Its true. The past happened and there will never be 100% proof that it did. There is no way to know for a fact that something occurred and everyone that was there didn't just imagine it. That scares me and makes me feel like a crazy person at the same time :p lol

12. dont wanna be the sober party pooper, but isnt that what science is for.... i know i need to smoke, but im dry right now lol

13. Because family and a** hole "friends" remind me of the stupid shyt I did in the past. Other wise I wouldn't remember .2% of it lol . I trip when ppl talk bout how well they remember their past, cuz I barely remember anything and what I do feels like a dream... :smoke:

14. What I'm saying is if right after that, what if everything before that point is just a memory? Or everything before this very second? There's know way to prove it. It's definitely something that is a matter of opinion, though, because you could say that memory is fact, but that's not necessarily true