Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you keep your weed fresh?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by itsthatbud, Sep 6, 2009.

1. I got some dro last weekend and smoked a gram of it and i saved the rest in the bag i got it in. I smoked the rest yesterday and it was like smoking nothing. I'm guessing all the THC is all gone. How do you keep it fresh, or tips to help it fresh so I can sell it too whiles its fresh.

2. THC doesn't just disappear very quickly. It does however get damaged by light so try to keep it in a dark place in an air tight jar/container.

3. keeping the bag air tight and i doubt the thc is all gone unless u got it already kinda old n dry

4. these guys pretty much said it. use some type of airtight container and keep it in a dark cool area. i prefer pill bottles for small amounts and mason jars for larger amounts.

a week really isnt long enough to destroy the thc. if you have been smoking a lot lately it could be something like tolerance effecting how high you got.

5. i kept it in between a towel in a cabinet.
    the bag was closed and it was in a dark cool place.
    and it wasnt old and dry before.
    ill probably start using my pill bottle now.

6. It must have been your tolerance because bud stored the way you did can't lose potency that fast. Try smoking something different for a little, then come back to this bud and you may be pleasantly surprised.

7. ^^ agreed

8. I guess it was my tolerance because 4 good hits from a joint it hit me hard.
    haha

9. yeah man. give it a few days before you smoke next and itll hit you a lot harder. and btw most plastic bags are not airtight. the plastic itself has pores and oxygen can be let in through those.

10. Prob your tolerance as everyone says, THC just doesnt disapear overnight it will last much longer then that lol.

11. Not all pill bottles are airtight either, so dont get your hopes up on that.

The best thing to do is store it in an AIR TIGHT glass jar. Like a mason jar. Then put that mason jar in a cool, dark area. That has always worked for me :)

12. tuberware for now but those mason hars with the closing latches are whatsup I need to get one asap

13. Mason Jars <33

14. To back up everyone else on this end, traces of THC have been found on samples of cannabis thousands of years old; theres no way the THC dissapeared over the course of less than a week.

As far as storage goes, I like tightvac jars. They're plastic jars with a vaccum-like seal when you close them. They keep bud from drying out significantly longer than plastic bags, without having to worry about storing them away from light because they're made of opaque plastic (most of them)

15. Mason Jars ... pfffft

[​IMG]

Large quantities you want to use a plastic container as it is porous and allows the weed to breath reducing the chance for mold and rot.

16. why would it be detrimental for weed to be stored at or above room temperature? doesn't the thc form under heat lamps? does anyone know why light and higher temperatures would cause the thc to be damaged?

17. Weed at room temp is completely fine.

Yes plants are grown using a light source.

Put a black shirt in the the sun, it'll fade. Put a shirt in the oven, it'll burn.

18. tightvac's kick ass, I use them all the time :bongin: