How do you keep your grow warm?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Diebold, Jan 16, 2012.

1. This is directed towards other growers who grow indoors, and because of the winter and gas prices may not be running their house furnace at 70 all the time.

How and what do you keep your girls warm, especially during the dark cycle?

If heaters, what make and model. If other methods, do share. And if you use a timer or a thermostat - which one?

Thanks - I'm tinkering with a My Heat and a timer, but that is drying out the air so it's a battle between heat and humidity (very dry air up where I live).

2. I'm up in the ne and its like 10 degrees at night sometimes and my box is in the garage so there is no heat there..... Using cfls and keeping my box air tight I'm able to keep the girls at 75 during light on and high 60s during lights off which is fine.... I guess what I'm getting at is if your box or room is air tight the heat will stay in until the next cycle starts

But that's just my experience ya feel me

3. for me, i keep my grow enclosure in a small closet. i leave the closet door cracked with lights on so it doesnt get hot, but when its lights out i keep it closed to help insulate the closet. typically the CFLs alone keep it steady

4. On yeah cfls yeah buddy

5. I'm runnign with CFLs though I plan on switching to HPS when the next payday comes, though I run the problem of heating (obviously) and humidity is too low.

6. If it ain't broke don't fix it ya dig

7. I got a new fan (Stanley Blower and modded it to cool my cabinet)... but the lowest setting is too much - the cabinet doesn't build heat very well.

I was thinking of the following:
    Farm Innovators Thermo Cube Thermostatically Controlled Outlet

The 78 - 70 degree one actually. Anyone use one?