How do YOU hide your grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LD100, Nov 7, 2009.

1. Well, as I am going over my apartment, hiding anything that needs to be hidden in prep for my parents visiting, I was wondering: how do you guys personally prep for your more nosey visitors?

My parents snoop through everything. I have a rubbermaid grow..stash it in the closet under more boxes when people come over. Put my bowl in a box next to all the other notecard boxes. Stash well hidden.

What do you do if you have guests? Anything special? If you have a designated room or closet, how do you calm the weird vibe of it being locked, how do you explain?

I'm buying my venting and some better foil tape to finish up in the next few days, and then it'll just be out in the open, no biggie. :D

2. i keep my room and place a mess, that way they dont want to snoop :) its so ingenious it actually works!! Seriously make it messy, make them think they dont wanna look lol.. Aroma adds to the 'not wanting to snoop' factor if it smells like B.O people leave PERIOD, so do some pushups... idk this may sound like a joke or may not work or apply for you. Works good for me :) plus i grow in a Camper trailer outside somewhere on planet earth :) here it is..[​IMG]

3. haha exactly the kind of answer I'm looking for! Dirtying it up works wonders. Though, with my parents as visitors, they'll start moving stuff to try and help clean..lol So helpful, but such pains! :p

4. Hah, i hear ya my dad is the same way. Good luck to ya hopefully they wont find your stash! :)

5. Hah, well, with it sitting in the middle of my room, there was no odor...I just put it in the closet and opened it... oh god... I can pick out that smell (though not "strong")... and my dad being a toker, he can to. lmfao great...just great...

I'm gonna brew up some espresso before the get here, and leave the closet open until then. They shouldn't even be coming in, they're just takin me to my doctor appointment. So, hopefully it's all good. I don't think he'd call me out on it...infront of my mom atleast lol. Then maybe it'd be time for the "I use weed medicinally" talk...might as well tell them thats one of the reasons I want to move out of state, if we get into that..bleh.

Of course, I'm getting all the supplies for venting/filtering that NIGHT. bahaha fml.

This'll be...interesting. Kinda odd that I find it funny. Wish me luck! haha.

6. You have your own apartment and your parents still snoop around your shit .... Thats bad m8 very

7. I'll be hiding mine in a dresser... Only thing I had laying around. Lots of candles and incense to be burned to hide any smell a carbon scrubber wont take care of.

8. It not really that they snoop, but that they could come across stuff while trying to help. I'm an only child, and am fortunate to have very caring parents.

Today went just fine. :D

Keep em comin!

9. Nothing like a good old fashioned locked door to a basement!

10. so why are you hidding it then?

11. Mom is anti-pot, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be for me taking the risk. If he wanted me to trash it, he'd threaten to not cosign my loan for school..so..

Anyway, keep your methods coming!

12. Educate your mother. The only reason she has the opinion she does is because the gov't is the only one who took the time to educate her about it and they've had an agenda since day 1. She deserves to know the truth and who better to get through to her than her son.

I grew up in a very military household, my mother is now a legal caregiver.

13. That's awesome, and completely agree with your reasoning, but not everyone's parents are so understanding, or willing to accept change.

My dad used to grow when he was my age, and still occasionally smokes. My mom tried it when she was young, and her parents pounded the drug propaganda. She is very naive. I have talked to her, on many occasions, over a five year period. It was only a couple months ago that she got over calling the police. However, neither of them would be pleased if they knew I was setting up a grow, even though they both know I smoke and are ok with it. (and no, I don't live at home. I've been pretty much out of the house since I was 17, when I joined the army.)

14. Thank you for joining the army. Even though I disagree with all these stupid wars , one's gotta respect people like you for doing wwhat you do, (+Rep)

Edit: haha it wouldn't let me give you any more Rep

15. just lock the bedroom door. ppl don't really ask or say anything. its my house.

16. lol, Thanks man. I don't agree with the wars either, one reason that I only stayed in five years. Also, I was cadre in a drill sergeant school. So, being in a training unit, I never actually went overseas. I did my part to make sure that the troops who did go were trained properly. :)

17. I've tried to have the talk with her before, about mmj, and her response was a shrugging-off "you don't want to be like that all the time." *uncomfortable 'I dont want to talk about thos' laugh* Best part is.....she used to smoke with my dad when they were younger. :rolleyes: This is also the woman that laughs nervously when I ask her to pick me up some beer when I come to visit. ...I turn 21 next mth...cmon..really? Whats funny is I drink with my dad and she doesn't have a problem with it now, though she used to. We had the "she thinks I'm 'a little to interested in alcohol' " talk before, because I had A beer a couple nights in a row. :eek:

*grabs dad and sits mom down for "the talk" lmfao

I've been considering talking with my dad about it, I mean, we have had pot oriented conversations..tools..techniques..growing...how its used medicinally for what I have, ect.. but I've never actually came out and said I toke. Durring those conversations, he always has the look on his face like he is trying to figure out if I actually smoke, or just know a lot (as in more than someone who is against pot). Hell, he might actually offer to help me build a better grow...or he will go ape-shit for me risking my future and refuse to cosign my student loans anymore. :(