How do you guys read your FLACs [audio file]

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by PlanKtoN, Feb 26, 2011.

1. I got a technical question for you guys...all in the title.
    Thanks !

2. I convert them to MP3, but I try to stay away from FLAC

3. Not sure what you mean by "read"... but I play them in Foobar2000 using ASIO4ALL for BitPerfect streaming.

4. Yea play I guess, read would just be a poor french/english translation,
    sorry about that.

And thanks for the infos.

5. Um....

Why?

I use foobar2000 to play them.

6. #6 marsdude89, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
    Because an album double the size just isn't worth the increase in quality for me. If all I can get is FLAC, then I'll convert it.

7. Space isn't an issue for me so I have a ton of albums in FLAC. I use Winamp to play them. They have a FLAC codec built right in. It also plays some WAV files I have as well. Sounds so good.

8. #8 Cellfish, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2011
    Same here, I just use winamp for the few FLAC albums I have. I do agree that it's a complete waste of space, I don't care if you have unlimited storage space, the difference in quality isn't that big a deal for a small boost in quality that makes little/no difference to the average listener.

9. To the average listener, no, but to someone with decent speakers who likes the higher quality, it's nice. It's nice to get the highs and lows you won't always find with MP3 because of the compression. I don't solely download FLAC though. Just an album here and there that I think would sound much better.

10. I play my flacs on a music player called foobar version 1.1
    Its really good and you can customize the defualt user interface.