How do you guys prepare for a psychedelic trip?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Shankmasterflex, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Wondering how those you who have done any psychedelic of any sort prepare for your trip(s) and how the preparation(s) have worked out for you.

Experience is not important here. If you've only done salvia and didn't prepare for it all, you can say that, and feel free to tell us how it went. Who knows, maybe you doing it on an impulse made it that much better.

I'll start. Before I did salvia the four or so times I've done it, I always tried to get myself really amped up and excited to trip. The other thing I did everytime was take a relaxing deep breath before hitting the bong. It worked out pretty well for me, kept the trips enjoyable except for the last time. The last time for some reason or another, I had very little visuals and an awful body high that made me stop doing salvia. It felt like there was something crawling in my skin.

2. Generally I tend to wait for a really difficult time to arise before I trip.

That and OJ, lots of OJ.

3. Well I have never done salvia and don't plan on it anytime soon since it's illegal in my state and pretty hard to get. But when preparing for anything like acid or mushies I just make sure I have a content mind with nothing devastating going on in my life, meditate for a few minutes before I take it and remind myself that whatever happens it will eventually end.

4. Eat a good meal and turn off my phone.

5. i fast for three days before a trip, and i refrain from using all other drugs including cannabis, tobacco, and caffeine. the morning of the trip i drink cinnamon peppercorn tea. afterwards spending about 45 minutes in deep breath counting meditation. i then stretch my body out for about 20 minutes. do about 300 crunches. then go about my day.

when evening rolls around i usually do another stretch routine, only about 5-10 minutes, until i feel really limber. i then dose. i sit with the tabs in my mouth for about half an hour, then drink a large glass of orange juice to wash it down. once i swallow the tabs is when i usually smoke a joint, or a bong, or whatever. and then i top it off with a nice cigarette. by this time usually the acid is kicking it, my weed tolerance has dropped, and the cigarette feels so good. then i go about my trip

this is for high doses of acid, i prepare differently for other trips.

6. Very informative! +rep