Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you guys feel about spending money on weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TABOR, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Well I've been smoking for years but all of a sudden one of my best friends randomly decides to stop smoking(might stop before 420) cause he doesn't want to waste money on it anymore. I understand where hes coming from but I don't agree with it either, I have a job and I pay bills and other expenses and when I have some extra money I smoke some tree. I just wanna see how everyone on here feels about the amount of money they put towards this expensive hobby.:smoke:

2. The main thing to remember is to keep your priorities straight. Having enough money to keep your water running and electricity on is more important than picking up a zip.

3. That's like someone saying one wants to quit cigs because of the money. The variable here is the amount you pay/gram and your consumption. Add to the fact that by smoking, you are harming your body. This makes your friends decision sound plausible.

But it all comes down to how much he enjoys it vs the amount of money spent, and since he wants to quit he must have higher priorities than getting stoned all the time. Alternatively, he could grow his own and save, but that has its negatives as well like getting caught.

4. How do I feel about paying money for weed? Fine, I guess? I'd be happier if it was legal because it would be helluva lot cheaper even with tax, but that's about it.

5. LMFAO

I don't buy weed.

6. I don't drink, so really i'm saving money

7. I would much rather grow a couple plants then buy weed every week.

8. In some states you can get a permit to grow a couple plants just for yourself, also I tell my parents I need lunch money(im in high school) and then spend it on bud, so alot of weeks i go without lunch. I do see where hes coming from though. It is a possibility that hes not making enough money with his job to keep burning, but either way its his choice, and if quitting is what he wants to do, then let him.

9. weed is worth every cent i pay for it. for about twenty bucks, i could be happy for a month. nothing else can do that.

10. If you dont buy weed do you grow? Or smoke at all??

11. Well in my current situation,
    If i want to smoke weed, Ive got to buy it.

So i feel like its just another thing i have to spend money on.
    But at least I don't dread spending money on it.

12. after you buy ANYTHING you always will get change, so i just save that up and trust me it adds up.

13. oh, i'm not too worried about it.

i'm ok with the amount i spend, but it is a bummer its not legal and cheaper so i can get more for the money.

but i deal with the situation i have

14. #15 porcupin3tree, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2011
    He could be in that stage where a lot of us started, that is smoking with people who have weed, and doing it a lot.

OP:
    Like somebody already said, if your priorities are right, and you can afford to spend the money, and feel your money is well invested, it's fine to spend money on weed. However, if you're taking money away to score some weed from other things that should be more important than getting high, then you should most certainly stop smoking dope.

I get money every week for allowance, and if I can save some for other things, I buy some weed, as I feel that the money is well spent.

15. Weed is worth all the money I put into it. Im very conservative so a quarter by myself lasts me a longggg time. Thats a longggg time of being happy and expanding my consciousness :)