How do you get your mylar to stick??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by vektah, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ive tried duct tape, but that always peels off because of humidity... any good ideas on how to keep mylar up?

2. thumb tac's or staples lol

3. Spray adhesive.

4. i use aluminum tape stuff you can get it at home depot. Works really good for me anyways. Its like 5-6 dollars for a pretty big size roll and its reflective.

5. use aluminum foil tape ... its all weather and it is reflective.

6. thanks ill try it out

7. Velcro. Get the kind with sticky backing. Mylar can be very difficult to hang straight and get a mirror finish without warps and twists in it. If you glue it down you'll be stuck with how it goes up, and while you can re-adjust with staples and tacks and such you will rip up the mylar pretty quick. With velcro it's easy-peasy to continually adjust it.

8. Depends on what your sticking it to, but I have tried all types of tapes and backings and nothing is permanent.

I am gonna try Liquid Nails on the backing (I use Diamond Film).

I would use a staple gun if I had a wood type backing (I don't) to put it up against or a wood frame..

9. dude, use the thumb tacks i used the same thing and all you havta do is stick the first corner and its on from then bro. jchaos77.:D:smoke::smoke:

10. staple gun and pieces of cardboard.

11. I tried Liquid Nails it didn't work for me, bought the aluminum tape and it working.

12. out of all the things ive tried aluminum tape has worked the best, and its all weather... infact my car mirror is being held together by some aluminum tape right now :D !!

13. Anyone ever run into moisture building up behind the Mylar using this method?

Personally I use spray on adhesive and have achieved a perfect finish. Just take your time applying the Mylar and use a cloth to work any bubbles out, start at the center and work towards the edge.

14. ^Nope. Just makes it really easy to get the mylar hung straight and flat, easy to replace when needed.

15. word....definately go with the velcro. You will not be disappointed. it works phenominal

16. I think the easiest way that i got my my lar to stick was to use 3M spray adhesive.

17. Double sided tape same stuff you get with window insulation "clear plastic" kit.works grate and you can replace mylar easy and does not damage wall surface.

18. Bump for this.

Putting up mylar as we speak. Sand with 100 grit sandpaper (if on plastic), clean, then spray with the adhesive. Sticks perfectly.