Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you get the res out of your piece?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Bermuda, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Just wonderin, ive been using my pocket knife and a paper clips but its pretty time consuming, im wondering if theres an easier way? helpp

2. Isopropyl 91% alcohol and salt.

3. if your gonna smoke it, scrape it out roll it in a ball and smoke it. If you want to get rid of it then either mix it with salt and alcohol or boil it.

4. I would use a large paper clip, unfold it completely, then bend about a 1/3 of an inch a little bit at one end. Then stick that bent end into the mouthpiece and push and pull it back and forth really fast while slowly turning to get all sides. I did this with my pipe and got a gross amount of smokable resin. I found that I could get the res out of a bong with alcohol and salt, but not all of it from my pipe, so paper clip worked better plus i got resin if your into that

5. I just buy bobby pins, and heat the bowl with a lighter, it makes the resin stick to the bobby pin like no ones business.

6. can i still smoke it once its dried?

7. No do not smoke salt. First warm your piece with a ligher in the area of scraping then take a flat skinny piece of metal like a small flat head screw driver and srape as much as you can then fill with iso alcohol and shake as much resin as you can do that a couple times and dump that out in a glass pan. Let the alchol dissolve and scrape and smoke.

8. no thats for cleaning the resin out. Use anything that can scrape the areas you have to get to. I use a elongated paper clip for the straight parts of my pipes and a few makeshift staple gun staples to get those tough to reach places. Heat the area you are scraping first, it makes it a lot easier to scrape.

9. This. It's the best way to clean a piece. Use coarse salt like sea or kosher salt though. The abrasive properites of the salt compliment the solvent action of the isoproanol.

10. also agree thats the way to go

11. Use the alcohol method if you really don't wanna smoke it. I recommend this way just cause resin is a dirty thing man. It still gets you high though, but I just feel like a barbarian hunting for weed and can't find any, so I smoke the residue in my bowl instead.

Do as you choose though.

12. If you bend a toothbrush right you can go to town scrubbin that thing and be done in no time.

Way less time consuming than a paper clip. But obviously boiling it is a better solution

13. Please don't boil your piece. Many people have done it safely but there is a risk of cracking your piece, if it is glass.

14. so normal salt wont work in this?

15. You know I hear this all the time, but it never has happened to me. Maybe I'm lucky???

16. Haha you might be. You might have really thick and just all around strong glass. Some people don't and they find out the hard way.

17. I thought that was kind of a myth or something. I have great success boiling my glass. Though, I much rather prefer isopropyl 91% and epsom salt.

18. You can use normal salt with the 91% isopropyl if you want, it will work well. But sea salt would definitely work much better.