How do you get around?

Discussion in 'General' started by BerryZ, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Just wondering if most people here have their own rides or if you guys mostly catch a ride, bike, bus, etc.. I am fortunate to have recently inherited a 2002 buick century from an old relative who cannot drive anymore...It's kind of a grandpa mobile but before that I was a walker lol, walked everywhere, sometimes up to like 10 miles, so it's a welcome change.

2. i just get around.

3. I fucking walk... Sucks ass

4. Bike mostly. It's fast enough and it's free. And it keeps me fit, which I like.

5. #5 BerryZ, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    yea for sure...however walking in the city isnt too bad, I spend some time in the sticks though and lemme tell you if you dont have a car you get reeeeaaaaal fucking bored

6. I got a 2006 saab 9-7

7. 03 Hyundai Accent I got from my dad. Gift for graduating high school. The car was brand new. (graduated in 03)

My brother/roommate has a '94 GMC Vandura which I drive sometimes when I'm feeling cool.

8. When I lived in Maine, I drove. Then I moved to Worcester, sold my car, and now I walk everywhere. Could be worse.. I could have a broken leg.

9. i drive. kind of have to living in a rural area far away from the bigger towns haha

10. You take your car to work, I'll take my board
    And when you're out of fuel, I'm still afloat

11. well, i personally prefer my tricycle with an attached carriage on it to hold my boombox, but that's just me.

12. #12 SmokinJoe420, Jul 28, 2011
    You're really trying to argue this LOL?

13. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnDR8OngS1U]‪2Pac - I Get Around‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

couldn't help it

14. lol man, it's Weezer lyrics.

But actually, I do ride my longboard to work sometimes.

15. #15 BerryZ, Jul 28, 2011
    Whatever works man lol, I always wish I had gotten into longboarding when i was younger, seems so fun and unfortunately I dont have much free time anymore

16. I walk. Don't hate it don't love it, but it's hot as shiat in Texas and it's a great way to stay in shape.

17. I ride a Harley :) Suckers :hello:

18. Well, since it's what the threads about:
    Actually, the only reason I ride that is when I want to get picked up by my mom on her way home from work, because I can put it in the car. Doing that with my bike is somewhat impractical (remove both wheels and the seatpost, and fold down the seats (it's a Mini Cooper). Only takes a few minutes though).

But if I'm responsible for both ways of travel, the bike is just better. If I want to ride the train I can bike to the station in less than 5 minutes, or I can just bike all the way to work in 30 minutes. And doing that's free. Which is why I have been doing it recently, I'm such a cheap ass. Saves me $4.50 a day though.

And for other transport...well, you can lock a bike to a lot of things and bike racks are common...but where do you put a longboard? Well, I can strap it to my back with a backpack. It works well enough by putting the board in between the pack and my back, with the rear truck stopping it from slipping down, but it's not that comfortable, and you can't sit down without removing it, or easily get stuff from your pack.

And I can't pump my longboard (yet?), so if I'm going along flat or uphill ground, a bike is waaay better.

19. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1nJC4CXsok]‪Chuck Berry - Riding Along In My Automobile‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
    Automobile.

20. #20 BerryZ, Jul 28, 2011
    biking definately is a solid way to get around however mine broke a few years back and I was too lazy to ever buy a new one, for just traveling to work I used to walk the 3 miles in about 30 min (brisk walk lol), but having a car makes me much lazier fuck walking hah