How do you get a job?

Discussion in 'General' started by untamedlion33, Apr 26, 2011.

1. i have 4 years bar tending experience but i just stoped working a year ago cause i had some investments that made it so i never have to work again. so now im board and kinda miss bar tending. but everyone i apply at must think im not good enough to hire cause its been a year and a half. should i just tell people im an investor and am only looking for a job because im board and i like bar tending. lol.

2. So wait....are you applying as a bartender at bars and shit? Or just regular business, restaurants, etc?

If you have four years experience working in a bar, I would think most food industry/retail/other places would give you an interview at least.

3. If you are an investor, why not open your own bar? Even if its small, you can make it a cool place to hang out and youll be your own boss. Its better to create your job then work for someone else.

4. mostly hotels and small bars and restraunts. and i get calls but from places that are about 50 miles away. looking at my resume i know it's pretty impressive 3 years at a night club a little more than a year at a hotel. plus some side p/t catering. i have an associates in physics and im a 23 y/o investor. lol you'd think id be quite the catch. idk if it's cause my resume looks too good or if ive been unemployed for a year.

5. lol as an investor i dont make enough to open a restraunt or bar just enough to live pretty comfortably. plus the overhead of a bar and restraunt and low success rate... im good. lol.

6. you fill out an application...