How do you get a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jackattack, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Ok dude im going try to help you out here, I struggled with this too in high school.

The first step to getting girls is being honest with yourself. If you suck at self confidence, recognize it, and do something about it.

Heres a couple things I recommend.

1. The most difficult thing to do is not care what other people think, but its the most important first step in my opinion. If you can get used to not caring what strangers say, think, etc. -- if you can walk by any stranger and look them square in the eye comfortably and be like "whats up," then you are half way there. So practice doing that around town/school and stuff, guys and girls.

2. Once you're comfortable with that, now when you see a hot girl you might be interested in, at a bar or wherever, you need need need to make eye contact with her. Once you make eye contact, do not look away. If you look away youve lost and you might as well move on to the next. Look at her right square in the eyes, dont stare, just look her in the eyes and you should naturally start smiling, if she feels the same way then she'll crack a something or other, some sort of sign.

Now you have two options: You can go in for the capture, or you can keep playing the eye game. If you can catch her glancing back at you a couple times, its on, you need to do something now or you lose.

3. Be prepared to be rejected, and dont take it personal. Because thats just the way it is, all guys get rejected, some girls are going to reject you no matter what. The more you get rejected, the less it will matter, the less you are going to care, and the more experience you will get, and when you finally get a girl, your confidence will get boosted way up there. You're never gonna know unless you try. And if you get rejected, who gives a fuck anyway, is it really going to matter in the long run? Are you really going to regret going up to that one girl, or regret never taking a chance?

I got a job working at a bar a couple years back, and got to be friends with some hot girls. Just friends, talking to them, etc. If you can get a job where hot girls work and interact with them daily, sooner or later youll be comfortable with them and learn what makes em tick.

edit -- bottom line:

1. Dont care
    2. Take a chance
    3. Live and learn

Peace -- Senor

2. Well let me add my two cents, from another woman's perspective... first and foremost, the most important thing I can say, beyond "be yourself" is this... Ask questions about her, and shut the f@#k up! Don't rattle on and on about how great of a guy you are, and how wonderful you can be at this or that, because in the end, girls don't care, at least not on a first date...I'm being honest... Let her do most of the talking, at least in the begining... Girls like to know that the guy there are talking to actually wants to hear what they have to say, because most guys are so busy trying to impress a girl that they compleatly disregard what the girl thinks... The biggest problem guys have is just that, trying to impress... girls don't need to be impressed (at least not girlfriend quality girls) that will come in time, and just because you think it's impressive doesn't mean she will... You could have won first place in a Disc Jockey contest at a local club, but if she's more into literary expression that's not going to win you favor, you know what I mean? A girl wants to know you are involved in the conversation, but not running it... so when she asks a question about you, answer fully, but briefly, and end with a question about her. Now all this is obviously assuming you've made the first move and gotten a first date, but to start at the begining, the most important thing you can say to a girl, drum roll please....

"Hi, my name is _______, what's yours?"

After that there are many ways to take it, but don't try to be suave if you're not, because girls will see right through that... if you're not so good at approching girls, make mention of it, "I'm not really very good at this kind of thing, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to introduce myself." make no mention of how she "looked" because any time a girl hears, "I saw you and..." or "you looked..." they automatically assume the guy is looking to score. Put the ball in her court... if she's not interested, don't take it to heart, that's just the nature of the game; if she is, you'll know, and at that point all you have to do is what seems most obvious, "so you seem really cool, and I'd like the chance to get to know you more, how about you give me your phone number and I'll give you a call this week to arrange a date." note the period after the sentence, and not a question mark... girls smell weakness, and insecurity, so you need to be strong, if you're able to continue a conversation beyond hi, then you need to make it clear what your intentions are, and be assertive, hence the "give me" not "can I have" by saying it like that you denote strength and security, you know something about yourself that she does not, and it makes her want to know what that might be... after the number, if you like the girl, DO NOT WAIT 3 DAYS! I know guys have this thing where they think it makes them look desperate or whatever if they call before 3 days, but you should know that a girl will not wait around for 3 days to hear from a guy, and sometimes if they like a guy they will move quickly to get over that if they think that guy is blowing them off, so if you wait 3 days she may have moved on already, you don't have to call the very next day, but it's not a bad idea... when you do call, make it somewhat brief, get to the point, "hey this is so and so from where ever" let her remember who you are " Yeah, I'm calling to make a date for this weekend, How about..." whatever day is best... be flexable if she already has plans, and make it clear you want to go out with her, but don't be desperate, if she's busy all weekend, give her your number and tell her when she's free to give you a call... it may be a brush off, but if it's not, she'll call you...

I hope some of this will help you out... good luck...

~ Terpsichore

3. wow man i know what it feels like. im sorta going through something similar. i wantthis girl. ive had a couple relationships here and ther and 1 semi-serious one. but man it sucks. im all nervous to. BUT like reefa said.... keep confident.

edit: after reading more responses this is REALLY helping me too. lol alot of people are gettin +rep for this one. i also want to thank you even though im not the thread starter. plus im sure most of you have read my thread already and dont care hahah

4. Well, many people have said the self-confidence really works. It does, but that's easier said than done for some people. When you're going out on a limb to ask a girl out, or tell her you're interested, it takes a bit of balls. Know that there is always a chance you'll be rejected and that there are PLENTY of women out there. So even if you do get rejected, move on. Self confidence is all about self-respect.

5. Guys I don't think I can do it I was at Vo-tech earlier and there's a girl there that I like and I see her almost everyday when I go on my break. She makes the food for people. Well as soon as I see her I immediately get butterflies in my stomach and my neck feels stiff and I feel like I start to shake a little bit. Oh man Im pathetic why can't I do this. The bad thing is I don't even think there is anything out there strong enough to calm my nerves. I was prescribed to Xanax before for this but I still got butterflies and stuff. Mary might help but thats slim cause Ill just be paranoid about people thinking Im high when im high. I think Im cursed to be single my whole life.

6. Marriage is worse.

7. I'd assume so lol

I can tell ya what not to do... don't wave your penis at traffic it may get ya a few girls if you're hung like a horse but you'll probably end up missing the dates cuz you're in lockup

seriously though just relax and act like yourself if you don't any relationship you enter will always have you walking on eggshells

8. My favorite movie is American Beauty because I secretly wish I could turn my life around like he did.

9. women are shallow, self involved, complement hungry, status obsessed creatures

Talk about HER. And make her laugh, and laugh at her jokes even though women as we all know have no sense of humour

;)

10. If I see a girl im interested in i just kind of casually walk by and 'accidentally' brush her arm and say something like "hey, baby." say it like youre kidding, so the girl feels comfortable around you, and she'll like that you have the confidence to say that to her.

Then again, if that doesnt work Im all for the "nice shoes, wanna fuck?"

11. Sorry I skippeed most of the replies so hopefully I'm not repeating anything.

First, read this: http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html
    It's mostly funny. It's also quite true, in my experience, but mostly it's just a good laugh on this subject.

Here's my advice.

If you just want pussy:
    1) Lie. L-I-E. This is by far the best way. Just make crazy shit up. I've said I was a fire marshal before. Women don't really care what you're saying, just that you're so damn confident. And it's *really* easy to be confident when you're just making accomplishments up off the top of your head. Plus she'll think you're rich which is an aphrodesiac.
    2) Beer. I know some extremely conservative closed-up women that go nuts after a half dozen of these. Like Slut-City crazy. Dispite my uglyness, beer has caused women to break into my dorm room and let this one really hot girl try to make out with me in front of her boyfriend. I'm not saying this to brag, because my love-life is nothing to brag about, but I'm just saying, beer is liking having a 13" penis and $100 bills falling out of your pants.
    3) Make up emotions, and tell her you have them. This only works after 1) fails, and she's had a lot of 2). If you start making up emotions before too many beers, she'll think you're the wuss you are.

Get A Girlfriend:
    1) The only thing that ever worked for me was getting kicked out of school. So I dunno, start doing crimes maybe? I really have no idea, I'm not joking when I say the only time I've been able to get a girlfriend was when they thought I was some bad-ass muthafucka that I never claimed or tried to be. So when they figured out I wasn't, that shit fell apart.
    2) Oh yeah, one more tip: Hook up with the loser girls. I have *no* idea how this one works, but your desirability will go up like 10 times if you're already dating someone. It doesn't matter who, just that she's not as pretty as the girl you want. Or as pretty or prettier. It doesn't matter.

12. best pickup line EVER! haha

13. I forgot to mention: During the "Lie" stage, make sure you drop hints that you're rich. My favorite is using an ATM receipt that someone threw away (in the bin next to the ATM, of course) for an account that has a LOT of money to give her your phone number with. The next day, when she's trying to figure out who the fuck gave her the number, she'll look at the slip and notice that you have like $200,000 or whatever, and that's like instant phone-call right there.

14. you know as well as i do that that's bullshit.

Your life is what you make of it. It's been said by enough religious superiors, motivational speakers and every high school guidance counsellor, but it's entirley true.

15. i had a friend do that before. hes incredibly desprate. nothings worth being that desprate... not even pussy....

16. agreed :D

17. There's nothing desperate about it. It's just loading the deck in your favor.

Or it could have been a joke. Maybe everything I wrote was a joke. Maybe...

18. joint thats about as smooth as running through a corn field backwards...lol

but I'm sure many many maaaaaaaaany stupid college chicks would fall for it

19. Become good friends with her, then move in for the kill.

20. The idea of being friends first is a good one.