Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Do You Find a "Pot Doc"?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by PheenixTears420, Jan 21, 2009.

1. #1 PheenixTears420, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    I have had horrible migraines for the last two years, and although opiates used to help, they don't now. Weed does though. My problem is that all the doctors I've seen seem to want to attempt to treat my migraines with garbage like gabapentin and cocktails of "off label" drugs (antidepressants, antispasmodics, etc).

I live in Ontario, Canada. How do I go about finding a doctor that doesn't think MMJ is bullshit?

2. Hey dont mean to go off topic or anything, i come from Ontari oCanada too, Jus twondering what city you know, I always wondered if theres more the n1 guy from my city online liek this,Lemme know man thanks PcE

3. I live in Chatham.

4. Canadian bacon, anybody?

5. >_______________________>

Just talk to your doctor about it and how it helps you. I'm sure he'll understand.

6. Wow. I'm seriously offended. Both because A) the mere idea of me being a cop is hysterical enough for me to want to laugh in your face. And B) MMJ is legal in Canada, so it wouldn't even matter if I was a cop.

7. I've tried. He's one of those doctors that won't even prescribe opiates for chronic patients, let alone MMJ.

That's the problem with MMJ in Canada. It may be legal, but the doctors that actually believe that it has medical value are few and far between.

8. You sound like a narc to me..
    ... just saying :bolt:

9. Talk to friends and see if they know of any, and keep going to various doctors until you find one. Be persistent, this is your well being we are talking about here, not a fucking game. Good luck to your sir.

10. ummm try to google it :rolleyes:

11. Go talk to the folks at treatingyourself.com- It's a nice little CANADIAN site! You'll get some honest answers there.

Granny :wave:

12. Thank you so much Granny!:hello: You help so many people out in the City, you should be sainted. Is there a rep level for sainthood?:p:D

13. Well if you live in Colorado we are actually called Pot Doc. We have a doctor on site and can help get you your medical marijuana license.

Our prices are $125 with medical records and $175 without medical records.

We also offer services like helping Caregivers find more patients (licenses).

Our Website is Your Pot Doc Dot Com and our phone number is 303-755-7664.

For those who have a medical marijuana license, we offer free advise on how to grow your own medicine.

I am not spamming, I just thought this would be relevant. Please don't ban me if this post is unacceptable, just delete it. I normally visit Roll it Up but I have found I enjoy this site more and would like to join your community.

Our offices only generate enough profit to employ the people in it. Our goal is to help those people who really do need mmj.

Pot Doc

14. #14 Storm Crow, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
    The OP is from Canada not Colorado! If PotDoc has somehow confused the two, then I really want some of what he's smoking! :smoking:

Granny :wave:

15. In Callifornia you can get a skype or phone appointment for a Doctor at Canna Doc dot org

Thats http://cannadoc.org Dr. Tom O'Connell has been doing cannabis research for years, and has hit on some pretty interesting stuff.
    650 425 7489 are the phone digits. Would love to help those in need.
    Peace

16. For migraines, check out Imitrex (sumatriptan). I's not a pain-killer in the usual sense -- neither an opiate nor a cyclooxygenase inhibitor (like aspirin or ibuprofen). Sumatriptan acts by reducing the vascular inflammation associated with a migraine, and it's the most effective solution that I've tried.