How do you explain a "high" to a non smoker? Seriously!? :O

Discussion in 'General' started by simmer, Feb 9, 2010.

1. So my mom found out I still smoke. Among the spew ignorant diarhrea flowing from her mouth, she asked me "why do you smoke?"

I didn't want to give her a stupid answer like "it's fun"
    even though, that's the easiest way to explain it.

but... how do I describe it... All I Could manage to tell her is "it makes music better" and I couldn't say any more because she cut me off. "Heaven help us my son smokes pot because it makes music better! I can imagine you trying to tell that to the judge!"

at the end of the second sentence, I was pretty pissed off. "Do you think I'm fucking five? Do you HONESTLY think that if I'm caught I'll be trying to plead to the judge "but it makes music better!" Is that what you really fucking think?!":mad:

I'm tired of her derogatory perception of my intelligence. I Swear to god she thinks I'm fucking fifteen. For fucks sake I'm 18 :p

But nevermind all that, how would you honestly and fully describe what it's like to get high and why you do it?

2. It's like going to a place where life is better, where you enjoy things more, where everything you feel, taste, and hear is like an orgy in your brain. If she had the option to go on a vacation when every night she gets home from work. Would she take it?

3. I'm sorry I'm the one to have to say it dude, but that is a loosing battle. There's no magic words arranged in the right sentence structure that can make her understand.

4. I think explaining weed in any positive terms, such as it feels good or makes music better, will only harm your argument. I would assume she doesn't want to hear how it impairs or enhances you.

I think your best bet is to simplify the situation. Remind her that you are choosing marijuana over other more harmful substances like alcohol. Remind her that what your doing is less harmful.

Parents will rarely stop treating you like a child in some form. It's got to be tough for them. They raised you from nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. its like trying to explain color to a blind man

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would say that it realxes me and makes me feel calm and at peace. And that it also makes everything seem cooling like music and movies. It makes me more creative and articulate when I have conversations if I am not toohigh to carry one on. It is also a natural non Jannie forming sleep aid!!! Well for me atleast

7. pretty much when a parent has her mind set (and yes i mean her, it's frequently moms) she isn't going to change it. I think the best thing to do is let her have her way. I would suggest showing her The Union. I don't think it'll change her mind but it may help her understand some. Like I said, you can explain that it's like a vacation at home. But as the person above me said. It probably won't change her mind.

8. You might point out that it is great for relieving the symptoms of menopause and ask if she is having hot flashes yet....:)

9. did u just start smoking because thats more like a fantasy.

fast racing deep thoughts:
    love:food, sex,driving,friends,music
    stress reliever
    self judgment
    mostly happy after a long day at work.
    happy overall

fuck the worlds physics

10. I agree with you for the most part dude.

I can barely say anything positive or go into explicit details...because to someone like her, it'll sound like I'm living in some kinda fucked up fantasy world when I'm high..

Explaining to her that I am basically using a lesser evil is no good cause then her argument would be, Why use an evil at all?
    if you know what I'm saying...

The most advantageous argument I could make is I'm either smoking it out there or I'm smoking it in the safety of my home. No dice... She expects total..no weed. lol

I'm just going to show her the union when she has the time to watch it one day...that's the best I can do.

11. If you are able to get her to watch it let us know how it goes. Tell her you are able to unwind, relax and have fun without high health risks and without the serious impairment brought on by other drugs. More than anything show her that you have researched marijuana and understand its effects on you, that you are not making a blind decision. She will probably not change her mind but you might ease her mind a little.

12. no, been smoking for 2 years i think.

Never had much as far as deep thoughts. In fact most of the time I don't think about anything.

My wording may have been a bit off
    "fuck the worlds physics" is basically the direction I was going

13. Ive never smoked and every one that i have talked to says it just makes things better especially sex.

14. This is exactly my train of thought and what I was going to do. Show her the union.

Like I said, exactly my train of thought.

I Was just posting here to see if anyone had something to say that I possibly didn't know about yet. but I think I know most everything there is to know about weed in general. and the things I DON'T know, I know I don't know...but still, just thought we could all collaborate and maybe have an epiphone of some sort.:)

15. This is exactly my train of thought and what I was going to do. Show her the union.

Like I said, exactly my train of thought.

I Was just posting here to see if anyone had something to say that I possibly didn't know about yet. but I think I know most everything there is to know about weed in general. and the things I DON'T know, I know I don't know...but still, just thought we could all collaborate and maybe have an epiphone of some sort.:)

• mood lift, euphoria, laughter, relaxation, stress reduction, creative, philosophical, abstract, or deep thinking : ideas flow more easily, increased appreciation or awareness of music; deeper connection to music; increased emotional impact of music, increased awareness of senses (eating, drinking, smell), change in experience of muscle fatigue; pleasant body feel; increase in body/mind connection, pain relief (headaches, cramps), reduced nausea, increased appetite (used medically for this), boring tasks or entertainment can become more interesting or funny.

straight from erowid

16. I just keep it simple and say it feels good :D

17. better than NOT being high, thats for sure

18. It's like being sober but better!

19. haha, then they'll be like 'i durnt need drugs to enjoy mah lyfe durrr'