How do you dry your crop?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by dsmreaper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Hello everyone, I was just wondering before I plant my first indoor hydro grow, how do all you growers, without access or money to afford drying cabinets or other drying curing help, dry your crop, is there a place say in a bedroom out of the light it could be hidden in to dry, and what about attics, i know they get hot, but i do have access to my own that has a key lock. any info or suggestions will be greatly appreciated .

2. You can dry it anywhere as long as its cool,dark and has airflow. I use a closet and I have a small fan to move the air around.

3. I use a large cardboard box with large openings cut out. I run strings to hang my stems on. The box keeps the buds contained and protected. where you place the box is any place with decient air flow and dark.

4. There are plenty of threads explaining exactly how to dry and where. I dont want to steal this thread but for some reason I cant post a new one. It just goes blank so if anyone could help with that itd be great. Other wise this is what I have been trying to post:

This is my first grow. Next time will be better but these are the buds I'm working with:

http://a.imageshack.us/img33/4159/img0012xw.jpg
    http://a.imageshack.us/img809/5320/img0010a.jpg
    http://a.imageshack.us/img707/6226/img0009evq.jpg

Am I ready to harvest? Also anyone wanna recommend their favorite way to harvest and cure? Thanks.

5. During peak hours, to post new threads on GC, you often need to leave topic blank and not include the images, then go edit those back in. I don't know where GC dug up this forum software.

http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/424138-simple-harvest-cure-step-step.html is a sticky thread on this forum. it contains everything you need to know about the "standard" way to harvest and cure weed. That process (or slight variations) is what the vast majority of growers do. (There's a guy with a thread on "water curing" on the first page, but i havn't seen anyone else post about their experience with it yet, so i wouldn't trust my first harvest to it :p )
    That link i gave also describes how to tell if your weed is ready to harvest; you need to get a high magnification jewelers magnifying glass or one of those $10 mini-microscopes at radioshack.

6. dont even get a shitty 10$ one from radioshack, u can spend 10$ more and get a crazy 100x microscope from a hydro store where as the one from radioshack only zooms 15x....

just my 2 cents

7. Alright. Thanks homies.

8. you can place in dark place with ventilation.
    you can locate best place as per your house construction
    may be near exhaust fan:hello:

9. I bought mine from radioshack 15 bucks 60 to 100x zoom with an led and everything the exact same as those overpriced 420 science ones or whatever

10. I dont know about them being over priced, I payed like 19 an some change for shipping, and its a 30 or 40x and 100x, and works great. yes its more than your 15 dollar one but my radio shack doesn't have one that cheap. And my 420 science scope gives you an amazing view close up.

11. I got a rubbermaid box.
    Took a screen (the type you would find on a window) and have it sitting near the bottom (held there by screws). I use the screen for popcorn buds and such.

For larger buds I ran string back and fourth. Im able to hang the buds on the string.
    Also I cut a hole for an inline fan w/ a DIY scrubber.

Do a lot of searching and come up w/ your own ideas. I was freaking out a few weeks ago because I wasnt prepared for my plants to end at different times.

im blazed right now...so apologies if this post makes no sense.

12. I will dry mine in my grow cabinet. I took one of the extra shelves that came with the cabinet, cut the middle out of it, and ran 4 lines of string across it. Hang it right in there and then run my fan like always. Cool, dark and vented.

13. what is the cfm on the fan you got for the scrubber in the dry box? I am planning on making a dry box this time around for the harvest, but i can't decide on what size duct fan to go with for this and how many cfm's to have it not mold, but not try too quickly

help would be appreciated or some pictures of yours man, either if u wanna reply to this or send me a pm or a message or whatever

thanks
    brian

14. its just one of those cheap 4" inline duct fans you can find at some (homedepot here doesnt have them) hardware stores.

Ill take pics when I get my camera back from my friend.

15. thanks man, if u could take a pic of the box it would be great

thanks again man

16. My radio shack one is 100x lighted and cost 12.99.

17. Its not pretty, but it gets the job done. Ive seen other rubbermaid boxes on the net, but I wanted something really simple.
    Tools I used were a drill and a lighter (to heat knife up to cut hole for fan)

Attached Files: