Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you cope with cannabis withdrawal?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 4smoke2haze0, Dec 9, 2012.

1. I've smoked weed almost daily, for the past 6 years. Lately, I've not been able to do so. I know weed isn't physically addictive, but it sure as hell is psychologically addictive. I mean, it's not like I'm getting dope-sick over it, but I do feel like shit whenever I'm sober. I know theres gonna be some of you that are gonna be like "Stop being a bitch, marijuanas not addictive, try quitting heroin/meth/cocaine and then you'll know what addiction is". First off, shut up; no one cares to hear about how big of a dick you've got and how many drugs you've been addicted to. Second off, I've never done any of these drugs, I wouldn't know what a real drug withdrawal feels like.

Anyhow, what are some things I can do to take my mind off of it, other than getting drunk (don't want to become an alcoholic), fapping (already do it daily, doesn't help much), and Spice (no, just no)?

• Like Like x 1
  2. find a new hobby

3. #3 SortaStoner, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    Do you sleep less? I noticed I always fell asleep easier when I'm stoned and say Im stoned for two nights in a row , the third day I don't sleep as easy an feel like shit the fourth day. Share what you mean by "bad" and I say just sleep a lot

4. Realize the many more shittier positions you could be in and then realize it's only weed. You're fine..

5. Yeah, basically just keep your mind off of it. It'll pass in a week or two.

Until then, find a good book to read, learn a new skill, practice an old skill, play video games, whatever you gotta do to keep busy.

6. #6 4smoke2haze0, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
    Yea. I'm an insomniac of 10 years. Thats one of the reasons I always feel like I need ganj. Fortunately for me, I've been on a really good sleep pattern lately, and so I might not be making much sense right now, because I'm really tired and about to go hit the sack.

The bad feelings I get; I just feel really bored. Like I would be having so much more fun if I were blitzed. Even if it's not true, I'm convinced that I would be.

7. I might have to agree with the other guys, not get a new hobby but find a new hobby, something that can be fun while your not stoned like long boarding, swimming, fishing, hunting,etc. you seem like you're kinda depended on it for fun.

8. Do you like reading?

Check out the A Song of Ice and Fire series. 5 long books that'll keep you busy for months. :p

9. Read a book; check out youtube for new artists to listen to.

10. Quit whining and find a new hobby. Jesus.

Psyche

11. Exercise. It really does help with that " HOLY CRAP I NEED SOME WEED RIGHT NOW" feeling. Take a jog, or ride a bike, or have some sex?

12. Read the zombie survival guide...should kill a few hours.

13. Sounds like you need to see what a real addiction looks like and then come back to this thread. You are not hooked on weed. I don't care what say. I have been smoking for 10 years now and have no problem going some days with out for vacation. Sounds Like you are just mentally weak minded.

14. I swear, it's like someone's paying people to make threads like this.

15. Just wait a few days or something then see how you feel give it a week if you need to before you go trying to find solutions cause you'll probably feel fine soon, I smoke all day but I don't smoke a lot so I keep my tolerance down and not smoking isn't a bother at all

16. smoke cigarettes (not that you should start if you don't smoke).

17. or somehow manage to get some weed and toke :cool:

18. Exercise! Exercise releases anandamide, you body's own version of THC. :D

Exercise-induced endocannabinoid signaling is modulated by intensity. (abst – 2012)
    [FONT=&quot]Exercise-induced endocannabinoid signalin... [Eur J Appl Physiol. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI[/FONT]

Which is why -

Exercise can reduce cannabis use in persons who don't want to stop (news – 2011)
    Exercise can reduce cannabis use in persons who don't want to stop

and here is the study, if you are interested-

Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults (full – 2011) Aerobic Exercise Training Reduces Cannabis Craving and Use in Non-Treatment Seeking Cannabis-Dependent Adults

Granny :wave:

19. Play some video games..

20. I just do something productive, whether it's cleaning the house, going for a walk, playing my guitar, etc. etc.

It's easy, you don't really need weed to have a good time, you have to learn to have a great time without the weed.