How do you cope with a bad high?

Discussion in 'General' started by DiscreetStonerr, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Title says it all. WE ALL get one at least once, how do we stop it from ruining the whole high? Step by step explanations would be awesome!
    -DiscreetStonerr

2. Sometimes my high will trigger a panic attack, I suffer from ptsd and panic disorder, so its not uncommon for me. the best thing for me is to remember that im "ok" and that nothing is wrong. it takes a couple minutes but using visulation, breathing, or meditation tecniques and I can have it done with pretty quickly.

keep in mind the only thing causing the panic is fear, the fear is generated from ur own mind while dealing with troubling memories or stressful situations. so after some practice it can be dispelled with ease. and if all else fails take a benedryl lol, its a over the counter setitive so it helps bring you down to a managable level.

3. Blast your favorite song and try to shut off your thoughts. If that makes any sense...

4. I put on sunglasses and a hat. Then I put in my headphones and turn on some reggae. Then I get on my phone and browse for a new piece to buy. Works every time.

5. Wait....a bad what???

6. I didn't know they got bad I've never experience a bad high I've seen it happen to others and that's because they can't chill the environment they're in. Anytime I smoke I like an winged amazon woman is just hold me up in the air and flying and I just see the world from the sky

7. By myself.... this never happens.

With other people though....discomforting, annoying, uncomfortable, people. I usually get that feeling & dip.

8. Just chill. Stop what you're doing and do something different that will occupy your mind better so you don't psych yourself out. Like for me certain video games are so engaging I'm too caught up in them to dwell on something like that

If it feels like you might not be able to switch focus and drop the negativity... masturbate. The release of dopamine from your orgasm will naturally weaken/dull your high

9. Hide under some blankets and drink lots of water.

10. Just relax it does not last that long anyway.

11. Get on GC and browse lol that's what I do if I'm too high an can't chill I just focus on my phone reading though random threads haha. Or stand up and walk around and breath. Taking shits help also, if you have to take one at that moment hahaha.

12. Start exercising and then relax with some water.

13. Granny, did you just say "overdose on cannabis"?

14. Bad high?!

Heresy!:cool:

15. like any psychedelic, it depends on set and setting to some degree. if you're not in the right mindset going into the high, get way higher than you expect to be, get stoned too quick, or any variable to that degree, it's not going to be entirely pleasant. it's all in the mind

16. I occasionally get paranoid on very, very good weed, which is funny, because most of the time weed has the opposite effect on my paranoia. Or at least it makes me paranoid about some such obviously dumb things that it amuses me.

But if my high is not turning out well, I just think of the stimuli that are currently around me and try to change a few things. Is your music a downer? Put on something more upbeat. Are you hungry? Get a snack. Go talk to someone if you feel you can do so while high. In general, take really good care of yourself and make sure you feel as comfortable as possible, just as you would at any other time when you weren't feeling like yourself.

Granny's suggestion about hot baths or showers is great. Even if you're not having hyperemesis, I find it is much more difficult to have a bad high while relaxing in warm water.

17. The high is how you experience it. Just know that everything is fine and you can just relax and enjoy. :smoking: