Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you bust up your weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by hippiechild, Aug 20, 2010.

1. I personally use my fingers to bust up my weed because I don't have a grinder. But what do you stoners think is the best way?

2. I dont own a grinder either the $40 minimum for a good one doesnt seem worth it to me although i know everyone that has them swears by them. i usually use scissors, my hands, friends grinders, coffee grinders. i try not to use my hands to much bc you take off the crystals.

3. A good titanium grinder will make your life so much easier, buy one you won't regret it. You can get a perfectly good grinder for about $20, maybe less, and it will last you forever.

4. if i want a good solid bowl that'll hit me hard i'll use my sharpstone (love the thing<3) but if i'm lazy and/or already medicated i'll probably use my fingers haha

5. And using scissors works pretty well for you and doesn't take off any crystals?

6. If you constantly go through bud, a grinder can be a good investment because of the fact that they have kief catchers, that will capture the kief that would be on your fingers and breaking up surface if you do it by hand. But there's nothing wrong with breaking it up by hand

7. I always use a grinder, like everyone else said touching the bud with your fingers takes off the crystals, I only ever handle bud by the stems.

8. Call me a noob but what affect with keif have on my high?

9. For years I just used my fingers since they were available and effective. But then one day my current bf busted out his grinder to roll some Js, and I liked the stoner kitsch factor as well as how evenly it breaks up weed. So awhile later I bought a small one too. You can get a nice chromium crusher off of Amazon for $17, no need to pay like $40 if you aren't over the top anal about having the most perfect grind and best kief catching screen ever.

10. Left palm is full of weed, and my right is grinding it up.

I used to have a grinder but gave it away, I like using my hands plus I get half the kief from the grinder I gave away so I don't miss it all too much.

11. Kief are the THC chrystals that fall off bud while you're handling it. So smoking kief will get you very high. :hello:

12. Grinder all the way, the kief is a present for using the grinder and it's always there when I run out of bud.

13. I think a grinder will be my next purchase, thanks guys!

14. I bought a cheap generic grinder for ten dollars at a nearby gas station and I find it works pretty well. I don't smoke as often as a lot of people I know, but I find it really handy to have a grinder so you can collect the keif and have perfectly ground bud. Keif is the trichomes, or crystals from the bud, and if you collect enough to top a bowl or make hash you can have quite an intense high.

15. grinder with a crystal catcher.
    I have a blue Spyral.

16. Keif is pretty much the THC chrystals fallen off. So if you have ground up a bit of bud, you can get alot of keif, and if you top a bowl of weed with keif it will get you higher.

[​IMG]

random pic of kief I grabbed off google images

17. With ma fingaz but damn do i want a 4 piece grinder with a kief catcher