how do you attach a power strip to the wall?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cyproz, Oct 23, 2008.

1. i have been using duct tape but the lights are right near the pwer strip and tape and i thing it warms up the tape and the tape comes off? how do you attach a power strip to the side wall, i need it to be removable so i can adjust the height.

2. Interesting, surprised the tape didnt work, did you try duct tape?
    How are you taping it? Roll the tape up in a tube so its double sided and place it in between the bar and what your taping it to?

Well, if not tape, what about a plastic bracket of some kind?
    Or you could always go to the hardware store and buy sticky pads, or tac, that doesnt come off when it heats up.
    I know some people use chains and hooks so you can easily adjust the lighting.

3. i have a rack way above but im afraid the lights will slip out of their sockets if i put them upside down hanging.

4. Tape them so they cant fall?

5. i guess so i just feel like all this tape so close if dangerous.

6. Hmm, well, im kind of surprised I cant think of anything right now, proly cause i cant see how your place is designed but, theres gotta be a way to secure them safely, and stop them from falling out of the strips. Have you held it upside down with them plugged in just above your bed or something and slowly move it down and stop it and see if they actually fall out? :smoking:

7. not yet but i will try that later tonight

ill try to get some pics if i can find a camera

8. most power strips have holes in the back that fit screw heads. Does that give you an idea on how to secure them? you could also rig some stiff wire to the power strip and use rope or chain to hang the strip.

9. Use some double sided tape. Or go get you a package or two of those little square tape thingies people use to hang those big mirrors on the backs of doors. Either one should be sufficient if you use enough of it. ;)

10. zap straps.....

11. :D[gac like use lots duct tape super screws or was that glue brakets myb tie wth bialinng wire punch hole insert strip. magnets velcro [coat hanger oo tack string!!!!!] contact cement thats it never do red neck work till i watch the movie gac=go ask contractor***hashed it think of more let me know i have 3/4 my self just hanging around ready to be atached to my wall ceiling floor so i cant move them ????38377129]

12. Why not put extension cords on your lights and leave the strip on the floor so it doesn't need to be moved?

13. Jeez, have none of you kids ever done any basic DIY?
    Drill a hole in the wall using a masonry drill bit in a hammer drill.
    Tap in a tight-fitting rawlplug with a hammer.
    Screw into the rawlplug.

14. There should be keyholes on the back of the power strip. Measure the distance between the two holes, and drill some screws into the wall. Push the strip onto the screws by lining up the heads of the screws with the keyholes...then just slide it to whichever side the narrower part of they keyholes go.

If your strip doesn't have these keyholes, then go get some industrial strength dual-stick tape, or some Velcro. Velcro will stick one side to the wall and the other on the power strip...if it holds will depend on how strong of Velcro you got and how much weight you've got hanging off of the strip