How do you ask someone if they smoke without giving away that you do?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by averagetoker, Feb 8, 2011.

1. I met this girl, getting good vibes, but sooner or later I'm gonna need to find out if she smokes. How do I go about this business? I dont think I can simply ask her, "So....care to smoke a bowl?" because if she said no, and was anti-weed, itd be game over, not to mention awkward. But, at that point, I guess I wouldn't care, but still, not a situation I want to be in. How do you guys find out if someone else smokes?

2. Observe.

Does she smoke cigarette? Most weed smokers do smoke ciggies... not always, but most do.

Does she carry a lighter?

Etc Etc... typical stoner behavior...

3. Yeah I guess that is one way. Hopefully some obvious signs are shown soon. thanks

4. Observing is obviously the best way to find out WITHOUT giving yourself up. But it's a bit difficult and even if you find some clue, it'll be hard to vindicate.

But you could also TALK about it in a way so you don't give yourself up as well. It's a lot more difficult, but also more accurate.

5. In my experience, just ask. If you're on these forums weed is obviously a big part of your life and if she doesn't smoke 75% of girls are going to have a problem with it and want you to quit. I've always had 4/20 friendly as a requirement for a boyfriend because any guy I've dated that wasn't down for himself smoking weed, wasn't down for me smoking it and that just isn't a person I want to be with.

Just ask if she tokes. No harm, no foul.

6. Just ask, man. It'll never be worth it to hide your smoking from her and it will cause a rift that will almost certainly end up in you losing her regardless of if you would give it up for her.

7. You talk ABOUT smoking.

You talk about the time you smoked with your brother because he offered it to you.

Then you see how she reacts.

If she's like,

"So? What happened?"

Then you go like,

"It was awesome... bla bla bla."

But if she goes like,

"You mean weed? You smoked WEED?"

and starts to freak out, you say,

"Yeah... and I HATED it. Cough cough..."

8. Don't listen to this guy and lie to her.

If she's not cool with smoking, don't date her.

It will only cause issues later. I guarantee.

9. Oh yeah. Don't listen to me. Listen to this guy.

10. You're condoning lying to a girl the kid likes. Is that a good way to start off any relationship, romantic or otherwise?

11. taking advice from someone named Unwise...hmm lol. Look, I'm not gonna take anyones advice 100% and follow through with it, I'm just thinking of ways I can figure this very important piece of information out, and whether its worth it to hide it, or just put it out there and accept however she feels about it. I'm not wasting my time with a non-smoker

12. No sir. Not a good way to start off a relationship.

Please don't beat me up.

13. But you still have to admit, that if you wanted to find out if someone smoked or not by talking about it WITHOUT giving yourself away, which was the main point of this thread, then my advise is the BEST.

Please don't beat me up.

14. "Hey, do you smoke?"

"Yeah, wanna cig?"

"Not that kinda smoke"

"Ohhh...no, I don't"

"Yeah me either"

-OR-

"Hey, do you smoke?"

"Yeah, wanna cig?"

"Not that kinda smoke"

"Ohhh yeahhh I just got some good shit, wanna hit?"

"Fuck yeah!"

15. This could work too.

Switch sides... so fast...

16. What's so negative about someone finding out you smoke weed? She's going to anyway if OP decides to break things off with her because she is a nonsmoker. That or just be left in the dark as to why this guy she likes suddenly doesn't want anything and her only clue was he asked her if she smoked..

17. Nothing sir. Nothing negative about someone finding out you smoke weed.

But the OP said he doesn't want to give away that he smokes weed, and I was just advising him on how to do just that.

18. I say be completely truthful about it to her. If weed is important to you, you shouldn't try to hide it for it will just add stress to the relationship. If she really does like you she'll look past the weed.
    My opinion.

19. shes your girlfriend and you don't know if she smokes weed? what kind of distant relationship is this ahhahaha.

I look down the street and I look at people and I know they smoke weed. seriously, it shoulden't take more then 30+ seconds to know if someone is down with da Dankus.

20. It's worked irl for me lol

My co-worker turned out to be completely straight edge.. I didn't want to have a shitty work time especially since it was a night job & only me & him. I got him to help me a lot as a result of a little white lie lol