how do u protect ur plants from power cuts?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by playar1, Mar 22, 2011.

1. basicly im looking for a way to provide light to my plants in the event of a power cut.

something along the lines of an emergency light the only trouble with these is if theres a power cut during dark period it will flick a light on.

any1 got any ideas or know of anything out there i can buy?

2. what do you mean power flick? like it goes out then comes back on? then your lights would come back on too right? so it wouldnt matter. i dont know if there's a way to make the light come on if the power flicks.

if there's a product like you mentioned (i dont know if there is) you could plug it in the wall with a timer, so that it would only power on during the light huors you have set for your plant and wouldnt fuck up your dark period.

3. Brief power outages are rare for most folks and plants can tolerate the occasional hiccup.

For extended power outages I have a backup generator.

If you have ongoing problems with multiple outages then you may not be able to grow reliably unless you get a hard-wired generator with an automatic switch.

4. yer backup gen was the only thing i could think off just seems a bit extreme, power cuts happen here maybe once a year normal 5mins to an hr, so its not that common to stop me growing but common enougth to be a pain in the arse lol

aminus u can get emergency lights (like u see above fire exits etc), they bring on a battery operated light when theres a power failure, so just pluggin into a timer at wall wont work cause the timer would kill the power and bring the light on

the only other thing i can think of is to get an emergency light and somehow put a timer which can operate on batterys between the batterys of the bulb and the bulb and i think ive just convinced myself on the idea lol just need to find a timer that will work, Plus find an emergency light that gives enougth light. How much light would i need ya think to stop the plants fuckin up?