Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do u get high CBD low THC?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by storz, Feb 21, 2018.

1. bought a "full extract cannabis oil" that has a breakdown of 25.5% CBD to 2.24%THC. How the heck do they get those percentages? When I looked around at 3 different seed banks, they advertise possible CBD levels of their medical strains to be around 10% or a little less with TCH close to that number. Usually close at a 1:1 ratio CBD toTHC. So how is it that this extract (looks like RSO) has such a high CBD to THC ? Maybe I should have thought of this before I bought it. I might have been scammed.....just b/c they say it doesn't mean its real eh? OR, is there a processing step that I don't know about. I figured your product is as good as your seed. So if they advertise strain at say 7% CBD, the oil you can produce will never be stronger than that/ Right?

2. You can make cannabis oil and have it lab tested to know the exact thc content.
    You can make high cbd oil and also have it lab tested.
    Then you can mix them in the right proportion to get almost any thc:cbd ratio you want.
    Or that oil could've been made from a high cbd, low thc strain that has those exact proportions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. of course lab testing is needed
    how can you get a higher % of CBD than the highest % of what you are adding to? IOW if I have a sugar water mix where the sugar is 25% of the solution and I mix it with another sugar water solution of 5% , I can never get a final solution greater than 25% no matter what ratios I mix of those two solutions of 25% and 5% . Is my math off here?
    I ckd 3 seed banks and they do not have strains with such ratios.
    The oil I bought is almost a 10:1 percentage ratio difference between CBD to TCH. I can certainly see that the other way around. Many strains are bred to have say 18% + THC and little CBD.

4. You get some plants that exhibit all sorts ratios.. some are not stabilised good enough too be 1:1... either way make your own oil... ypu never know what’s in there.

5. The way the world move on... anyth8 g is possible good even have a crap load of chemicals and colouring in water...

As long as it’s reputale and ypu trace back we’re it was manufactured and get a full ingredients liat ypu haould be ok.

6. r u saying its usually higher THC to CBD in reality but the CBD levels are still considered high compared to non medicinal weed?

7. It's possible to make 90% thc cannabis oil using an alcohol extraction, or 90% thc oil using the same method. These two things can then be added together in any proportion.
    Your 25% cbd oil could've been made that way or by using a different solvent.
    Same procedure if the original strain ratio was 10:1 cbd:thc.

8. Anything is possible... we’re getting 29 percent thc strains.. that one cannaboid has been pushed that high over few decades... the cbd movement started in about 2008 ish by cannotic seeds. Who later partnered with cbd crew. Aka mr nice seeds and few else joined...

After a good decade I think we’re finding higher and higher cbd which were once clone only..

Few strains like dinafem, therapy and so on.

Why don’t you ask the company ypu boggy it off.

9. No company name on it and bought it from a dispensary that has a very good rep in town. So.......I learned something..

10. I get how they can concentrate it to increase percent but the ratio seems odd to me how they can get cbd so high and keep the so low

11. One part 90% thc oil plus 99 parts 90% cbd oil would make an oil that is about 90% cbd and 1% thc.

12. From what I've read on sites that sell CBD oil, the CBD is extracted from the plant using pressurized CO2. The source material can be either a cannabis strain specifically bred to have high-CBD / low-THC ratios (like Charlottes Web), or it can be industrial hemp, which still has CBD in it, but only trace amounts of THC.

A detailed explanation is here: The Complete Guide to CBD Extractions (CO2 Cannabis Extraction, Olive Oil and Solvents)

13. Ty for that info. Looks like i need to source charlottes web seeds. Although hemp must be added to get those numbers I mentioned. I could not find cbd to thc % on charlottes web. If u do see it, please lmk. Thanks for the link

14. What up storz? Just seeing what’s going on over here Thanks for checking out my gg4 grow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk