Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do tolerance breaks work exactly?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Falkenbach_, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Hey guys, go easy on me since this is my first post :)
    Anyways, I have gotten into smoking every day for almost 3 weeks. Usually a few bowls from my mini bubbler, or 3-4 bong hits a night before I go to sleep. I have noticed, it is taking me more herb smoked to get where I want to be, and I don't like that one bit, since i'm on a pretty tight budget :p
    My question: How long of a break do you think I need to return to my n00b tolerance? 0.5g used to get me f*cked. If it makes a difference, I am 5'7, 130 lbs. And I work out every day (I play Water Polo)
    Anyways, thanks to all who help! :D

2. Take a 2-week tolerance break to clear your THC cannabinoid receptors.

When you start smoking again, smoke every ~3 days instead of every day. It may take some discipline, but on the nights you do toke up, it will be that much more psychedelic! Plus you save money.

3. A few weeks. But you will reach that your current tolerance again in a week anyways from daily smoking. No point really. Only t-break I've taken was due to dental work - I don't enjoy edibles and I wasn't allowed to smoke/vaporize for a week due to risk of dry sockets. The first few sessions after the t-break is nice, but that's about it.

I recommend vaporizing or dabbing. If you adhere to using the same amount of weed consistently, many users (including myself) feel a lowering of tolerance over time. A single .15g through Da Buddah never fails to satisfy me - and I've been using weed daily for over 5 years now...

4. Stuff like this make me so glad I seem to be incapable of developing any real tolerance... Well, relatively speaking.

2-3 bong rips 99% of the time will get me to just about the highest I can get (the highest I can get being the factor that varies with the frequency with which I smoke).