How do they do it??

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by DroMontesino, May 2, 2013.

1. I'm new to growing, but I'm a science major so biology isn't complicated to me. What I'd like to know, is how the hell do you get a clone only plant half way around the world without 1. Getting caught, or 2. The cutting dying.

I've been reading books on breeding and BC Bud Depot had a mendo purp x killer queen sent from Cali.(read in article) So how's it done?? (Don't say UPS overnight, I find it hard to believe)
    How about strain hunters?? How would a guy like me be able to get a seed out of the country?

It isn't Rocket Science, just Quantum Physics...

2. No?

3. A clone don't need that much light, and should go 24-36 hours without any ill effects, new roots need to be in the dark, so once clone has rooted, kept damp, and perhaps a little dry ice to breathe, wrap it up and post it anywhere in the world, for delivery in 24-36 hours

4. Thanks man, makes sense.
    How about the seeds, I would I get them back home from a foreign country? Mail it back?

5. One reason why Mj ain't gonna go extinct in any way soon, as theres more seeds in the postal system than plants currently growing in the USA ...lol

In the UK it is legal to own seeds but not the plant...!!!!!, so buy your seeds in the UK and ship to the USA, but be warned breaking the law with the post in the USA is a federal crime, and is policed by the secret service(????)
    see:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-cannabis-seeds-banks/386589-attitude-seed-bank-reviews.html

should you be growing don't use the same address as the grow site, nor your correct name on the seed pack

6. is there any reason i wouldn't be able to grow seeds from autoflowering strains? this is my goal with the price of seeds. j

7. The thing is, I travel to foreign countries yearly. I had the chance to bring home some real Colombian gold and there new "krippy" seeds. Same when I went to Spain. I plan to go to morocco with the wifey this year, and I'd like to bring back landrace strains or atleast the closest thing to it

8. you will note that the seeds available in these remote tourist spots are quite inferior to what is available on your very own home market.

Within the last few years even the Moroccans have had to import tons of seeds from Pakistan, for various reasons, to make up the home supply, should you need seeds use 'home' seeds, seeds that are adapted to your current climate, use the postal system if you must transport

9. Yea I was told by the older heads to avoid the post office. I see what your saying though bro. I can't be positive it's the right genetics anyways.