how do these plants look for 15 days old

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by StonerWulf, Jul 11, 2010.

1. #1 StonerWulf, Jul 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2010
    pic 1 and 2 are the same plant the rest are diff plants they were planted in seed not germinated 15 days ago and are under about 160W of light (120 cfl 40 fluorescent) planted in peat moss and watered with tap(well) water
    Sorry about the blurryness i got a crap camera atm
    this is my first grow any advice appreciated
    also how big b4 i need to transplant

Attached Files:

2. They look pretty good.

The 40 flouro,...if thats not cfl or a t5, it's pretty much just wasting electricity ;) You'd be better off replacing it with more cfl's

Get them as close as possible, looks like you had some stretch in the beginning.

Good Luck :wave:

3. i think it is a fluoro but it came attached to a grow box + it seem to be working ok so i think ill keep it on them but most def im going to get more cfls when the plants get a bit bigger all but one of my plants stretched out but the nodes dont look unusually far apart so im going to just deal with it its my first grow and i dont expect to get much out of them i trying more for a learning experience so next time i dont have as many problems
    also how tall should i let them get b4 transplant they in 2"x2" pots 4" deep
    oh and thx LBH for taking the time to try and help me out much appreciated

4. No problem man, Happy Sunday :wave:

If you don't plan to get those under an hps for flowering, you'll need a heck of a lot more cfls'

Gen rule: 100w first plant 50w each additional plant, for cfl, double that.

Thatsallotta heat as we say here in RI ;) Much more than a single air cooled hps

5. yea a 400w hps would be perfect, bout $100. Iv seen ok bud from 4x40w flouro that were aranged around a single plant like a tepee :p

6. I have actually done this... Not saying I'm proud... just I've experienced it.

And I did not see anything that could be considered "good bud." Not compared to an HID system. Fluoro lights are not efficient and they don't work well at all. CFL bulbs at the same wattage poo-poo on a shop light setup.

Shop lights are so 1990.