1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

How do these look? 7 days old

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by blazin420, Feb 22, 2004.

1. I took the seeds out of the bag and started germination exactly 7 days ago. They are currently under a 400W MH lamp 24/7. The temp is steady between 65 and 70 degrees f. at night and between 75 and 85 degrees f during the day.

So, how do they look for 7 days old? I thought they'd have some more leaves at this height.

[​IMG]

2. 7 days from seed? awww look at the lil babies :D congrads and good luck on your run, youre lookin good

3. i'd transplant them now into bigger pots......one pot each, maybe a 3 gallon, that way they can be flowered in them as well........Peace out.........Sid

4. [​IMG]

My setup:
    [​IMG]

My lamp(bad pic cause its so bright):
    [​IMG]

5. Yeah, 7 days ago the seeds were in a bag.:D These are the "Freebie Seeds" that came with my Feminized Mazars from seedsdirect.

BTW....I used a "Germintation Station." It has the tray, humidity cover (plastic cover for tray), and a heat pad. I planted 10 seeds and these 7 sprouted. Is 7 out of 10 good?

6. Already? What size are the 3 gallon pots? I bought 10 6 1/2 inch pots. Are those too small?

7. well use the pots you have now, and then transplant again in about another 2-3 weeks.......but you'll want them in some sort of pot now, and then you do transplant them, plant them right up over the cotlydons......the 2 little round leaves, and the plants will stay shorter in height...........Peace out.........Sid

8. yeah sids right. the growth would be doubled in a week once transplanted.

9. Ah, ok. So I'll put them in the pots tonight and bury them up to the tips of the cotlydons.

Should I start feeding them next week? I have Dyna Gro 7-9-5.

Thanks!

BTW, I'm looking to start flowering when they are 12 to 15 inches tall. These are just a test run to see if I do it right before I use my expensive seeds. So I'm not really looking to grow them big at all. If I use 3 gallon pots, won't they grow bigger and take longer before I start flowering?

10. yeah the cotlydons are still close the first actual leaves, so just bury them upto approx 1cm from the top........good luck.......and no fert till about 3 weeks.........Peace out........Sid

11. NO! NO! NO! the biggest mistake made is feeding when they dont need to be fed. your seedling is currently sustaining itself. its like a baby, you cant force a baby to eat solid food its first couple of days of life! im pretty sure, the kid will not make it! its similiar here. do not feed them until 3rd week, and a minor, minor solution will be needed. if you dont believe me, perfect example in the gro journals. imperialgodfly nuted when they were a couple of days and burned them. shes recovered, but she did fry them up a lil.

12. No problem. I will start the fert in 14 or 15 days. I was told to use half strength of what is indicated on the bottle. And I should introduce it gradually.

13. 1/2 or 1/4 strength will be fine.........i'd wait for more like 20 days than 14.........Peace out.........Sid

14. they're looking nice and green man... good luck

15. What is the purpose of planting them up to the leaves. I spent a week babying these things and it just seems like a wast :( . But if the expersts all a gree I'm gunna have to follow the leader on this one.

16. it helps to keep the height down for growers who have limited space, and allows the roots to be further away from the light source..........Peace out............Sid

ps you don't need to if you don't want to.........but it will help.......especially if your restricted for height.....bear in mind that a plant that's 12" tall, in a 10" tall pot would be 22" from the floor before flowering.........once flowered it'll probably get to 34" from the floor easily..........then there's the distance to the light, at a rough ratio of 4" per 100w of power..........so with a 400HPS, it'll be approx 50" from the ground, and then the size of the light itself.........and spare room incase it really stretches, or is a more sativa dominant strain........so with all the above taken into consideration you'd want a room with a height of approx 6' to run a 400w HPS, and trigger at 12" in 10" high pots...............roughly.......Peace out...........Sid

17. Thanks a bunch. That explained it great. I'll transplant them as soon as i get my hps in the mail, should be here 2/27 - Firday. I thought they didn't get that tall, since I've seen posts of ppl growing in speakers and under sinks.

Grasscity Deals Near You