How do these flowers look 20 days into flower?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xn33k0x, May 22, 2016.

1. Day 20 of flowering... What do you guys think... ? How do the flowers look? In my eyes they seem rather small :\

And if anyone is interested of seeing the history of those plants : First grow ! // Ice x Trainwreck // 400w CFL

Female 1
    [​IMG]

Female 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you are flowering with 400 watts of CFL light I suspect you are not putting the light close enough to your buds. CFL bulbs do not have good foliage penetration. You need to have them as close as you can get them to your plants.

Use some good bud boosting nutrients and get those lights closer. Make sure you are using light in the red spectrum to imitate the fall sun. Some strains can flower for a LONG time. But they look like they need more light to me, man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Right now im using 150w HPS with 2x 25w CFL

4. Alright, i'll try using some nutrients and adding more lights.

5. If you can get a higher wattage hps bulb, do that. If you can't, i would HIGHLY recommend getting more CFL bulbs that are on the red spectrum in that undergrowth.

Put CFL lights all up in that undergrowth. As many as you can and as close as you can. Buds need light and that hps and CFL combo isn't enough to get the big yield we all yearn for.

6. :icgreen:Looking good for 20 days of bloom good work

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

I added the big cfl bulb and also repositioned the other ones..

8. Make sure your hps isn't too low. They will burn your plants far more than the CFL lights will. CFL only burn if you touch the bulb to the foliage.

9. Well the 150w HPS doesnt put so much heat, i only put it a little lower and i also have a fan running

10. with everything on it looks like that ( the hps fucks up the camera):
    [​IMG]

11. Your picture finally loaded on my shit hotspot.

Put those CFL lights closer and down in the foliage
    Use a fan to cool the little heat they produce.

12. Maybe in a triangle fashion around them but kind of in there if you can. You know that I mean.

13. Should i remove some leaves for the light to penetrate better?

14. I gave them nutes for the first time today.. let's see how they do..

The other plant under the hps is growing much much slower.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]