How do people get busted?

Discussion in 'Security' started by SkImmIngdaSky, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Just dont tell anybody, and i mean ANYBODY about your little special ops. and what i would do instead of having a mother plant is say. just grow dank and if you get a male keep it so you can pollinate on the female so you'll have your own stock of seeds. cfls dont give off enough heat for infared to pick up. only problem you should run into is if theres alot of traffic in and out of your place. and the smell.

good luck and happy growing.

2. and one more thing. if you are sellin it. sell to people you know only. no shady shit

3. People get caught growing because of the smell just keep it under controll :)

4. Forums, really? Do you know of any examples? Wouldn't you have to use your real first and last name and what not for that to be possible?

5. Get sloppy, Get greedy, Get caught. Also, bragging to your buddies and showing them your grow is a sure fire way to get caught. Bottom line is you got to keep your mouth shut. :devious:

6. These have always worked for me.

1) Don't sell to the Chief Of Police.
    2) Don't drive around with an ounce bag and a bong on the dashboard.
    3) Ask everyone if they are DEA. If yes, don't associate.
    4) Don't take pictures of naked little kids smoking dope. Double whammy.
    5) Don't light up and pass joints on the subway.
    6) Don't open a retail marijuana store next to Walmart in Florida. True
    7) Don't wear t-shirts that say "I grow pounds of pot at home, fuck you".
    8) Keep kewl. Tossing a kilo at a cop's feet, begging mercy is a gross fail.
    9) Don't make hash jelly and give to neighbors. Not friendly as it might seem.
    10) Don't knock up Pastor's 16yo daughter claiming "my dank made me do it."

Best of luck.

:D

7. people get caught growing because cops find threads like these and use the intel:eek::smoking:

8. The forum owners see your IP address. If they were subpoenaed, or pressured, they could supply your IP to LEAs which IP address locates a computer's physical address (state, city street, number, house, apt).

Note I said "computer" but not "person" although that might be damning enough. :devious:

9. So the odds of them targeting, say you or i would be? Stand a better chance hitting the lottery il bet. Though i wouldn't go around posting pics of say my 20+ plant grow. You might get ranked higher on there list of folks to mess with when theres nobody better to take down that month. ;)

10. #30 iampolluted, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
    who's to say i didn't borrow a pc because i'm paranoid? ip addy's won't mean shit. they cannot prove (unless you're in the pics) that it was you who did it. seriously, it's all speculative. same goes for plain ole posting. i can post to this thread from the library....s.w.a.t. won't be waiting. seriously if you are that paranoid, you shouldn't be growing. if you are still growing and still paranoid, hide your ip. i can make my ip addy look like it came from north korea. yes....kim jong il is growing pot in the palace. seriously tho....loose lips are the main cause, followed by smell, followed by stupidity.

oh yeah...this thread started last year....so why the fuck am i posting to it? oh yeah....i am polluted.

11. #31 Itsmeagain, Jul 9, 2010

Most folks register there computers warranty and or software like windows xp. That gives them the rest of the info to get to your door step!

Got cable? Everytime i log on i get assigned a new ip number. Theres other way of changing them but i cant recall all the tec crap as its been years. But theres always a way if you want to. Now all the info you put in the user CP makes it easer. Not just location but thing like email and such. Do you us the same email account here and for persnol?
    I did. But im betting on the odds.

12. 1 thing worth mentioning to newbies.....don't use the same screen name here as your myspace, facefuck, or whatever.....when ya google the screen name, your grow is gonna be front and center too, just an fyi.

13. Electric companies dont care how much power your using at all. they actually want you to use as much power as possible seeing how their in the business of selling power to you. thats how they make money, as long as you pay your bill on time why would they care?
    the whole infrared shit is always blown way out of proportion. it is not illegal to have a grow setup, for all they know your growing tomatoes, and why would they spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to prove that you might have 2 pot plants in your closet?

its good to be paranoid but i see ppl going way overboard with it. I know a ton of ppl who think that if they get caught with a few plants in there house they will end up getting the house siezed by the gov't. they cannot sieze your house unless they can prove you bought it with proceeds from an illegal operation.

So go out and get a 400w hps put 4 plants in your closet, dont tell anyone at all. your computer will cost more to run than this light will. so keep your mouth shut and dont post anything about your crop from a computer thats inside the grow house, and you will have between 4-8 ozs every 2 months to smoke up.
    Hope this helps

14. Now tell me why the electric company would report large uses of electricity if the bill is being paid? They are a business. They welcome the extra money.

Doesn't matter how much electricity you use, as long as you pay your bill on time. Pay it on time, and there is not a soul looking at your electricity use.

15. #35 mrbob_58, Jul 9, 2010
    you get busted by bringing attention to yourself. the cops as a whole are not intrested in the guy growing a little to smoke. the three biggest reasons small grows get busted. poor planning, attention to detail and outright stupidity. selling makes you a target for selling. they find what they find when they bust you for trafficing. stelth and security keep you out of jail. dont tell, odor control, no light outside the grow space, and watch your power usage. the biggest thing to keep you out of jail is very simple. dont give the cops a reason to come into your home.

power usage, ..small lights are almost undetectable within the grid , nor are they likely to show up on flir. the cops wont look at power records unless there is a reason. In the US and Canada, they need a warrent to do so. the guys running thousands of watts are the ones who need to tread lightly. if you have 6000 watts kicking on at the same time and it shows a pattern , its gonna set off alarm bells. the power company cant do much, but the cops can and are givin heads up by the do gooders that have access to those files. it has happened and it will happen. be very wary of smart meters. the detail they give can be used as evidence against you.

16. Most of the digital meters are only on new house's that are 5 years or less old, I brick house's & all the electric meters on the new house's (here at least) are digital the older house's are just the old dial meters,, but you should be fine dude Im running a 250 watt mh, & two air conditioners in my house run 24-7 along with the 250 watt mh which on the 13 will be a month for my mh & my bill has showed little to nothing in a spike of electrical use

17. This made me chuckle because this is what a friend of mine did.
    But every 2 months? are you talking perpetual grow?

18. #38 mrbob_58, Jul 9, 2010
    I run a 3 cabinet perpetul grow. not cheep to setup but works incredibley well. i have just reablanced it so i get 1 plant harvested every month starting the end of july.

19. how many different lights do you have running this setup? and with how much room?

20. I was thinking more of having a mother, take 5-6 clones off it 2 weeks before harvest time. then when u harvest the clones will be ready to move into the flowering closet. if you do this correctly you can harvest every 50-70 days depending on strain. most strains are 1.5-2 oz per plant. Ive seen Big bud get 3 oz pp in hydro but the bud isnt that high in thc.