How do my plants look?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fishin6, Mar 14, 2018.

1. First grow so I’m not really sure if I’m doing this right. Im growing 2 plants...one blueberry and one northern lights. Both are auto feminized. How do they look?

-both were planted on March 3rd and sprouted on March 5th
    -using cheap 1000W Amazon LED (actual wattage is about 200W) on a 18/6 schedule. The lights are about 1 1/2 feet above the plants.
    -temperature is 70F during the day and 62F at night
    -humidity is about 40%
    -soil is Fox Farms Ocean Forest. I haven’t started using any nutrients yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. they're looking good so far! however the soil does look a bit wet, did you take the photos just after water or are they always like that?
    you should always wait till the pots feel really light and the top cm of soil is bone dry before watering! =D

anyway idk how long those nutrients will last from that soil as we dont have that brand here, but once your plants are a bit bigger and you start getting less dark green on the plant, you'll want to start adding nutrients, but not too much because they're autos,

hope i helped!

peace!

3. Fox farm ocean forest has all this in it: Ingredients: Composted forest humus, sphagnum peat moss, Pacific Northwest sea-going fish emulsion, crab meal, shrimp meal, earthworm castings, sandy loam, perlite, bat guano, granite dust, Norwegian kelp, and oyster shell

That’s far too many nutrients for seedlings. They look a little over fed, although it’s hard to tell from the LED lit photos. Did you sprout them directly in the FFOF? In an ideal world, I would tell you to take the babies out of the FF and repot into a seedling soil. But you don’t want to disturb the root system. If you rooted them in plugs, and threw them into that FF like yesterday, then yes, get them out of that FF and into some seedling soil.

I definitely suggest increasing your RH. At 40%, they are sucking up a lot of moisture from that soil, all laced with those nutrients. I would aim for 70% humidity at this stage. Try to increase it gradually if you can.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1

4. Thank you both for your replies!

I think I might have my terminology messed up. I germinated them on a paper towel until the taproot appeared. Then I planted them in the Fox Farm soil. That was March 3rd. On March 5th, the plant emerged from the soil. They seem very delicate, so I’d be worried about transplanting them into different soil now. Do you think it would be worth the risk?

I will try to get my humidity up. They are in my basement next to my furnace so that is making it super dry. I have a humidifier going, but I guess I need a second one!!

I will try to get pictures without the LED’s on tonight.

5. I'm not a soil grower but I do know that more perlite in the mix will produce faster growth. I would not transplant yet. I transplant at about two weeks from sprout, but my plants are considerably larger than yours.
    Here's two weeks growth - I transplanted shortly after this pic was taken.
    14 days old.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Probably not a good idea to try and change soils now, you’re right, they’re too delicate. But they are hating that mix for sure. Try and get your climate to favorable conditions as a first step.

7. suprised noone has mentioned this.

62-70f is a bit cold, imho.

72-77f may happy them up.

24/0 may be good too.

8. hey I cant get my humidity past 35 without putting wet towelling etc in, even then its back down after an hour. I'm not getting a humidifier. I even boiled kettle other night and put loads of cups in and it stayed at 45 lol. my plants are suffering and I cant help!

9. I know what you mean! I have a humidifier going full blast 24/7 and it stays around 40%. I’m really hoping for warmer weather so I can stop running my furnace so much.

Can I use regular tap water for my humidifier or does that need to be purified water too?

10. I guess I’m confused about soil. I thought that the FFOF soil was good to use from the beginning. So I should be using a seedling soil now? When can I change to the FF soil? I have the Fox Farms fertilizers, but I was going to wait till 4-5 weeks to start using them. Is that correct?

I appreciate all of the help! Just want to make sure I don’t screw up my first grow!!

11. not sure on fox soil. but bio bizz all mix does my seedling no harm atall.