How Do My Plants Look Day 20

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JerseyJim23, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Had a couple bumps in the road as this is my first grow, but lots of research and input from fellow blades seem to have worked things out. My babies are currently 20 days from breaking through soil. I think everything looks ok, but being this is my first grow I don't have anything to compare it to. So hopefully you could give me a little direction as to if things look good or need improvement.

Here's some backround info

Hydro or Soil... Soil, FFOF mixed 66/33 with Light warrior
    Type of light?
    400w metal halide (the econo one swithable set-up from insidesun). Lights are hung 18- 20 inches from plant tops.
    "Atmosphere" Conditions Temp is between 70*- 76*F have two fans blowing, one at the light reflector and one by the door to the room to pull fresh air from the rest of the house.
    Waterings Plants are in 3 gallon pots, were transplanted on 11/11/08 from solo cups. Last watered 11/18/08. This was the first nute feeding plants were given 3.5mL pure blend pro grow, 2.5mL liquid karma, and 2.5mL sweet.
    PH Range Water is from the tap ph adjusted to 6.6 after anything is added. Runoff was tested @ 6.4
    Nutrients/Supplements See watering.
    Pictures if possible! See pics
    Design and Dates Room is about 15' by 20' in the attic. Half the attic is a finished master bedroom the grow room is an additional partially finished room with no carpet but has sheet rocked and primer white walls, no windows, has electricity already, and is only accesible through the master closet. This room is also used to house the A/C unit for central A/C.
    Other All the plants broke the soil on 11/1/08. Tallest plants are about 8 inches, with no plants shorter than 5.5inches. Width of the two tallest plants are 16 inches, smallest is 11. Last picture is one of the three plants i topped.

All input in greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Hey!
    They are looking good. Great color, and sounds like your watering properly, and your topping was proper.
    Am curious to see what a 66/33 ratio will achieve, looks like a good mix.
    Curious what type of hood you have on the 400w?
    How is it setup below the pots to let water drip down? Into something?

3. Thanks for the kind words, its a real relief to get assurance. The light is under a batwing style reflector. Its the econo setup from inside sun. Currently the plants are on plastic stackable shelves just unstacked. Under them are 5 plastic totes to catch the runoff for testing, and to keep the floor from getting wet.

Hopefully things keep going smoothly, this is my first run. Its just some bagseed from some shwag I picked up when it was dry a few months back. If this goes well look for a red diesel grow early in '09.

4. Thanks man. Being weed rich is good enough fo me. Just not having to buy weed all the time would make me pretty wealthy:D

5. Nice set-up. I have grow room envy!! Looks great so far, hope you keep up with the pics as things progress.

6. Looks good! And wow what a coincidence I also sprouted some seeds on 11/1/2008 Had my first of 3 super skunk come up that day, and two more the next day! I have SS1 and 3 in veg but I put super skunk 2 in flower from sprout for experimental purposes.
    Im using 8 54watt T-5 floresent's plants are in one gallon pots with (unfortatly i learned when it was too late, mircal grow soil) They are growing good tallest at 7inchs 15inch wide. I also have one im trying LST on, witch is 6.5 inchs and tied down right now. Hope every things well in your garden, im right along with ya!

7. Tim....Nice to hear you like the setup. Are you really from texas? I just moved back to jersey from Houston.
    Fullthrottle....Glad to hear your grows going well too. I saw a journal on those superskunk seeds, and let me just say. The grower went 12/12 from seed and still ended up with 6ft. tall plants.

Goodluck on everyones grow, and I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible.