how do i wire a thermostat to an inline fan

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by S.F. Sage, Oct 15, 2009.

1. I ordered an inline fan and would like to have it turn on and off as my temperature in the room gets to a certain temp.

What kind of thermostat would allow me to do this? can someone please point me in the direction I'm having trouble finding one

2. the fan should run 24/7 u need air moving in and out constantly

3. Hi Sage.........Rumpleforeskin turned me on to the Ranco ETC-112000-00G Temperature Control NEW NEMA. It is a great thermal switch, and you can get them on Ebay for 50-60 bucks.

Shoot Rump a message on his BB thread......I tried to find his exact post for you, but that thread is huge.

4. i have one of these wired to my fan for my air cooled 400w MH to cut on when my room temp gets to 79 degrees, and it works perfectly

5. go to home depot and get a base board heater thermostat they 2 wire and 4 wire both will work

6. ill have to try that with my cool tube... im guessing u have 2 seperate fans..one for cooling the light and one for venting?...seems like a good way to add heat when necessary

7. that thing is sweet ima get that

8. That grozone controller will vary the speed of your fan, rather than simply turning it on and off. And it has setable min & max speeds and optional low temp shutoff with different day/night settings.

9. Listen to chunkdaddyo. Very good advice. I have them thermostats all over my grow room and even my home. So simple, anyone can put it together and do cool stuff with them.

Cools my stereo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My clone room:
    [​IMG]

I used to have it doing my flowering room temps (before co2 contrioller took over):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Can I ask Rumple, does this work on 2 determined or programmed temperatures, ie I set the lowest temp to 75 and the highest to 85 so that when it hits 85 the fans come on until it reaches 75 and then shuts down the fans? If so, that thing is saaaweeeettttt and I must have it. I like Grozones stuff but it's a little different than I want.

11. How does it work or should I say how does it work it your enviroment?

12. Bay Area represent:D:smoke::smoke:

13. And I'm outta Oakland as well. This is how we do in the bay!!!!

14. Very informative thread.