How do i use this recipe now that its made?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by GD1966, Jun 16, 2012.

1. I'm currently on day 25 of Veg with one Cotton Candy, one Lemon skunk, and Two Pineapple Express Autos. I found a recipe online for what the website called homemade Liquid Fertilizer! I made it up and this is what it consist of: a third of a five gallon bucket of Aged Cow manure, third of the five gallon bucket of fresh, green Johnson grass, top bucket off with fresh clean rain water. It's been sitting in the sun for four weeks now and I've stirred it good every day.
    My question is the following. A. Would this be beneficial at this point On my CC female and Lemon Skunk? B. Could it be used on my two Auto PE? And C. How would you recommend I use it? Any input would be appreciated!

2. How aged is the horse manure?

3. It's cow manure. I picked it up myself. I only picked up the most completely dry stuff I found. It came from my Cows that eat Bermuda grass and feed molasses. It's not composted manure. Just the oldest and detest I could find.

4. Not detest! Lol!! Meant to say dryest!

5. Hello? Anybody?

6. Can anyone point me in the right direction? My two PE AUTOS are showing Pre flowers. I don't know if that would matter with this recipe or not.

7. I would dilute it one part compost tea to 4 parts dechlorinated water and apply to one of your plants and wait a couple days to see what happens. If nothing happens apply it again to same plant at 50/50 ratio. Notice a growth burst or burning yet within a couple days? Either go forward with watering all or weaken the ration back down.

common sense takes the wheel when it needs to

VOO

8. Cool! I appreciate your input. Do you think it would matter that my two autos are showing Pre flowers?

9. I'll try and post some pics of my plants this evening

10. Here is a pic of the Cotton Candy and one of the Lemon Skunks!

image-2372081488.jpg

image-3246409797.jpg

11. I'm not sure if it's just the lighting - are they yellow looking like I see in the pictures?

If so a top dressing with earthworm castings or perhaps a slurry of the same might be in order...

12. Jerry, it's the lighting. They are nice and green right now. I have two BIG worm bins so I have EWC in my medium. My growing medium consists of sterilized native soil, EWC, Black leaf mold for water retention, and limestone dust. This is really somewhat of an experiment to see if I can grow a crop this year without spending any money on amendments, etc.

13. My growing medium consists of sterilized native soil,

Sterilized???? For heavens sake - why??

J

14. I was afraid I would bring in critters to my grow room. I figured I could replace the "good stuff" with my EWC, kelp, and allowing it to cook for two months. Bad idea? I'm not seeing the growth I'm used to. I did apply the liquid fertilizer I made from manure and Johnson grass to the Cotton Candy plant at 4 parts rain water to 1 part fert and it did provide a small growth burst. If you think I should continue this, what schedule would you advise? I will post pics in an hour. Thanks for your time.

15. Here are the new pics I promised. I am seeing a growth spurt since applying my recipe.

image-3024172345.jpg

image-1486657087.jpg

16. Nice. They look overall nice and healthy.

It seems your interests are leaning toward plant based teas. I might reccomend reading the "Botanicals" thread - lots of real good info on this subject.

Best of luck-

J

17. Today I transplanted my two big girls (cotton candy and lemon skunk) into their final home. Each are now in a five (5) gallon bucket! As good as they were growing in the Two gallon buckets, I would think they would really take off now! Here's some new pics!

image-3422209142.jpg

image-3451484381.jpg

image-850517290.jpg

18. My two females made the transplant just fine! Think I'm gonna flip to 12/12 in the next week to 10 days! That should be enough time to get completely over the stress of being transplanted before switching from 18/6 to 12/12. My two Pineapple express autos are in preflower so the 18/6 to 12/12 shouldn't really matter should it?

image-1138687862.jpg

image-3509971747.jpg

image-994446593.jpg

19. Just an aside:
    Make sure you poked some holes in the home depot buckets. Plants like air, and the soil need to cycle wet-dry-wet-dry, and it's easier when you have some flow.

20. Thanks man! I drilled about twenty half inch holes in the bottom. I was wondering if I should do a ring of holes around the bottom outside edge of the buckets?