how do I trim this Indica?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by brown recluse, Mar 15, 2018.

1. This Indica is way to bushy... I never grew Indica before though. However a plant is a plant and this thing seems to block itself. It will be 4 weeks from first real leafs were about an inch long.. I heard not to trim or cut indicas but to low stress train it.. it's to short stems are thick and bushy to bend. I cut 4 fan leaves off. They were bigger than my hand, which is not a small hand lol..

2. post a picture mate.

what lights you using?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. pic would be nice

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah, post a pick..... Usually any of the lower leaves are good to trim. They tend to get shaded anyways and don’t provide much after that point. As long as you’re not in flower some of the older fan leaves that block light penetration can be trimmed but not too many. Large fan leaves are really what help encourage bud growth. Trim too many and you get a popcorn bush....I’ve also used string to pull the side branches away from the center stalk allowing more light penetration.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Okay these sh
    old
    this should do pic wise

Attached Files:

6. 400 watt led full spectrum.. i had a 400hps buy gets the room way to hot..

7. as you can tell the northern lights tend to be less bushy and taller while the trainwreck is short and really bushy

Attached Files: