How Do I Transplant A Native Soil Plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by UKTokingGrower, Jun 2, 2013.

1. #1 UKTokingGrower, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014

2. Man it's going to be tricky and it's possible it could die. Dig 2-3" farther out than where you think the roots are and be gentle. It's gonna be hard and your plant is gonna be hurting afterwards. You can't just put something down to stop all the stuff from going on top?

3. #4 UKTokingGrower, Jun 2, 2013

4. Can you post a pic? Seeing the plant and stuff would help me help you on how to do it.

5. Okay i will upload an image now, its only 2 weeks old

6. Okay cool I'll be waiting.

7. #8 UKTokingGrower, Jun 2, 2013

8. I was gonna say thats waaayyyy small for 2 weeks lol.

Really if that was at 1 week old it shouldn't be that much bigger. I would say get a shovel and start digging 8in away from the plant and just make a circle. Then get a small metal hand shovel, stick it in and gently try to lift that big ass root/dirt ball out. Make sure the soil is dry!!! Wet soil will fuck it all up.
    Once you get it out you can brush off some excess dirt.

But be warned, doing this to a plant that small/young can have some bad effects. Just know that.

9. #10 UKTokingGrower, Jun 2, 2013

10. Yeah you could damage the roots very easily doing this and on a plant so young that could easily spell death. But if you're careful and do it right you should be okay. Good luck and happy growing. :wave:

11. yeah and try to dig deep (1 foot) and esp. not break off the main tap root. It could stunt it for life. When seedlings have a problem they become runts and never get as big as they should. good luck. 

12. #13 UKTokingGrower, Jun 2, 2013

13. i snap all the tap roots of my plants by accident, dont worry about it they come back

its only tiny just dig out the soil like 1ft by 1ft

14. #15 5150, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
    At that size fence post digger. stab it and move it.  This will hold everything is a ball. 

15. #16 UKTokingGrower, Jun 3, 2013

16. #17 UKTokingGrower, Jun 3, 2013

17. bury it up to the cotyledon leaves when u replant it! it will make the plant less tall and add more area for roots

18. Would the roots really travel upwards if i add more soil?

19. Yes, you can also scrap the outside of the stem, like cloning to induce the roots to grow there. Easier if you have never cloned, to just bury it. But if you've cloned you'll know what i mean by scraping the outer layer.