How do I tell when my baby is ready to harvest?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ptw, Jul 28, 2008.

1. She's a Lowryder2 that has stretched a bit, but smells really strongly.

Is 'she' a hermie (don't know what a hermie looks like), or is all okay?

When do I know when to harvest?

regards,

ptw

IMG_5714a.jpg

IMG_5715b.jpg

2. When did you start flowering? Kinda looks like a male to me, but maybe I'm stupid.

3. :(well ptw bad news looks like a male or a seeded female hard to tell with the pics but def does not look like sensi female what is the story on it. only one plant i know its auto flower my first grow was lowryder 2. looks as though you grew under flourescents kinda scrawny not enough light possibly.

4. Aghhhhhhhhhh.......................!!!

5. Looks like a male to me, sorry dude.

I noticed male lowryders tend to smell like standard weeds (the things you dig up, not mary jane :p)

And the smell between females and males are easily telled apart.

6. looks male to me too man, do you have any closeups?

:confused_2:

7. uh it looks male but the pics suck so look for pistils or rip off one of the balls and open it away from your crop to get a better look. anyway a female is ready for harvest when growth slows to almost a creep and about 99% of the pistils have turned red, or any color but the good color. pretty much just watch the behavior of your plant's growth and then when after flowering it pretty much stops any to have any change or growth harvest. i always like to wait 3 days after i think i should harvest just to make sure you know then i harvest.

8. Male sauce.

9. This doesn't matter to omuch to you immediately, since your plant is definitely not a sensi female, but...

The best way to tell when a plant's ready to be harvested is to look at the trichomes under a microscope. As they grow they are clear, but as they develop they turn cloudy and then an amber color after that. A harvest of mostly cloudy trichomes will give you more of a cerebral head-high, and a harvest of mostly amber trichomes produces more of a couch-lock, body-stone sort of high. The proportion of cloudy to amber is a matter of personal preference.

This is more precise than watching growth and lets you have some control over the experience your plant produces.

10. Dang man, Good luck next time. I'll hit it once for yah tonight!:smoke:
    Peace

11. yea bad luck. that males balls are massive

12. 100% male no dout no hermie mixed in... lowryders have a poor F/M ratio.

13. Look at the bright side... you've got a shitload of seeds to start over with!

14. you guys have to be kidding me, its not the end of the world, you could always harvest it, smoke a shitload (cause thats how much it will take to get high) and/or you could get tasty puffs and put whichever flavor you like all over a bud, then sell it as, orange kush.. or whatever you like, just make sure its through a middle man, that way you dont get jumped.