How do I tell my parents I smoke?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ryanc85, Apr 19, 2013.

1. My parents know that my sister smokes often and they didn't say or do anything when she told them. She lives in her own place and I live with my dad. My mom lives in her own place.

I smoke daily and am tired of hiding it. I hate having to wait until a specific time to smoke so I don't get caught and taking all these precautions. I just want to enjoy my weed and not worry about it. Considering how my parents didn't really do anything when my sister told them, I'm pretty sure they'd be fine with it. I know what I'm going to say after I break the news, I just don't know how to start such a conversation. I know my dad would much rather find out by me telling him than him walking in one night and seeing me smoking. I usually smoke in my room but have absolutely no issues with smoking outside if my dad doesn't want me to smoke in the house.

How do I start a conversation like this? The best I can come up with is just sitting them down individually and straight up saying it, but maybe there's a better way?

2. Get your own place and then tell them.

3. ^ What the guy above me said.

NOW, if you really wanna stay in dude's house and still smoke your pot, you need to ask yourself some questions, mainly:

1. How does my dad feel about pot?
    2. Will he be cool with me smoking it in his house?

Because, depending upon the answers, you may be about to fuck yourself straight up the ass with super glue for lube. Now, if the answers to those questions are both positive answers, I'd just pick a good moment when you two are hanging out and just start discussing shit, maybe open up with legalization since it's been in the news, and see how he feels about the topic.

If he responds to the conversation opening with "Fuck no! Jesus says no weed!" you may just have to be secret stoner forever, or at least until you move out.

4. Ask your dad if he ever tried weed when he was younger? It's a question I figure many teenagers would ask their father at some point.

If he replies in a positive way, or seems at least neutral to it as he feels towards your sister smoking, tell him you smoke here and there outside. I wouldn't tell him you smoke in your room cuz he may figure you're taking advantage of his trust or something.

If he's REALLY chill about weed and is even down to talk about/smoke with you, then you should ask if it would be okay for you to smoke inside, but out the window.

That's what I did, and my dad was happy I was honest with him.

5. Just offer him a hit.

6. I literally just came out told my mom I was huge stoner. She was very empathetic, told me about her first time and how she hated it. But she said its your choice to smoke and I can't stop you.

Depends on your parents, my moms very understanding and my dad is very critical, but hes just like a small dog, has a loud bark but doesn't do anything more than that.

I do live in my own house tho. But if you live with them still its their house and you should respect them if they don't want you to smoke inside.

7. It's best to be blunt and to the point, in my opinion.

8. Firstly are you over 18?

If you are and your dad doesn't care just be a man. The older you get the more you stop caring about what other people think. Get a good job and show him some responsibility and he will be happy for you.

If your dad does care and your over 18 than he may kick you out. I wouldn't be rebellious and express my individuality in that situation.

If your under 18 he may whoop your ass if he cares and if he doesn't than the responsible thing for him to do is to not encourage it.