How do I tell if a morph got the buds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Old Dude, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Had a morph try and sneak in but I was 95% sure it was got out before it opened any pod. Now I have 2 plants that are budding but have hardly any hairs/pistols at all. The calyxs(not sure if I spelled that right) seem to still be forming but no hairs are coming out them. They are hard looking kinda kernel like. Are these sacks forming seeds or do I have more morphs, or just a slow budding plant that grows wierd? I took some pics but none are clear enough to see what I am talking about.

2. Morph = Hermaphrodite? Or Moth? I'm confused as to how a plant sneaks into somewhere. Do they have feet?

I don't want my plant to grow hair and hold me up with a pistol either so I think you're in good shape.

By "budding" do you mean 12 hours of darkness nightly? The pistils should show up 3 to 7 days after 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness, if you have tiny little buds forming they are probably male parts, aka testickelez, aka pollen sacks. In my last flowering I got 9 males and 3 Herms, sometimes it just happens and you have to roll with the punches. I knocked off the male parts from the herm and allowed the female parts to grow. They look great and I'm really happy I didn't toss them.

I really lucked out though in that I got true hermaphrodites rather than light/stress induced hermaphrodites. True herms will carry their male parts lower on the plant, the first 2 bud sites on a branch would be male, then there would be a bud site with female pistils growing from a male pollen sack (totally 50/50). All the bud sites above that are female flowers and look great.

In the end I do expect maybe a few seeds somewhere mixed in, but as far as I can see they are not pregnant and I haven't found any seed pods yet, so I'm wondering if maybe I got all the sacks or maybe they were infertile.

Can you post a picture of your plant that would help?

Attached Files:

3. Yea Im talking about a Hermaphrodite, didnt mean to confuse you. And by sneak in I meant one day I was looking at a plant with alot of white hairs/pistols(not sure what else to call them) and then I see the two pollen sacks hanging from about the 3rd set of fan leaves down under a small bud. Plants have been on 12/12 lights for just under 3 weeks, that is what I meant by budding.
    The more I look at them I am thinking I have some plants that got hit with some pollen. I was just wondering if thier was a sure way to tell. I have a few plants showing some strange signs and I have never grown a plant with seeds in it before. I wish I could tell if the plants are making seeds or if these are Hermaphrodites also. My other plants are rounded tops with alot of white hairs sticking up. The two I am talking about are rounded tops with no hairs. Just the seed pod, hard shell, looking tops.
    I have a really shitty camera and ever picture I took was just blur if I tried to zoom in on the tops.

4. Alright then... I guess it does sound like those are seed pods. An easy way to tell would be to try and split one of them open while on the plant and see if there is something hard and probably a creamy white color. That's a young seed.